Aiming has suddenly broke - help

jimjamjammy

I have just got over 50% completion, and was on the Guarma mission when suddenly my aim controls have changed, L2 no longer appears to do anything and R2 aims and sticks in the aim position so I can't duck behind anything, I'm basically walking around either without a gun or constantly aiming stood up - obviously not the best way to play.  I've reset all the controls but its still the same, has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it's not a bug that's going to ruin the rest of the game. Maybe it could be my controller which has broke? 

Thanks.

Jimjamjammy

Hi Jim and welcome.

I would take @Ozy8753's advice and try out other games to see if the controller functions normally with them.  It's a process of elimination.  I always start with the easy and obvious first when possible. 

If the controller works in other games, you've reset the system, etc., etc., then I might check the settings again.  If there is an option to change them back to default, I would try that first.  

Hey Guys,

Many thanks for your replies. I checked over my controller again and the L2 button is ever so slightly sticking, making L2 is always pushed in, you can hardly notice it! Good news is it's a simple problem, and nothing to do with the game, bad news is I probably now need a new controller! 

Anyway, thanks again. 

Jimjamjammy

• Like 1

Glad to see your found the problem but sorry to see you may need to buy a new controller.  

Just a word of caution if you try to open and fix it yourself.....  It's very easy to break tabs and other bits in these things.  They are tough but not when you start cracking them open.

I'd suggest watching a few YT videos first on different techniques.  .....probably want to buy that new controller first though in case the inevitable happens.  ;)