Its hard to go back

lumper

I play games for the graphics and the better they get the better I like them, from Zaxxon, to Goldeneye to Half life, to Crysis, to Veitcong, to cod ww2, to RDR2 has been a heck of a ride.

I love this game so much, I played through the story mode quickly, then replayed it to go slower and find all the things I could, then at 94% complete and story 100% I decided maybe it would be cool to get and play rdr again, its been 10 years, I really never played the story, I tried the game and it was cool, but I never really got into it too much.

I thought it would be cool to keep going with the story and play it now as a sequel, well let me tell you, Rockstar did such an amazing job with rdr2 that it is really hard to go back.

Im trying, Ive done a few missions, and I am free roaming, it is neat to find stuff I found in rdr2 while free roaming now, etc.. but all in all I can not get into it, it just lacks so much of what made rdr2 awesome that although I want too I just keep thinking about how great EVERYTHING in rdr2 is compared to rdr.

even picking plants, it is so detailed and specific now, in comparison I am having a tough time enjoying the rdr stuff, I just keep thinking of how much it lacks compared to its prequil sequal release.

I wish I had stuck it out 9 years ago when I had the game on my 360, I think I am going to go for a third play through over playing rdr1.

Honestly I would pay a premium for rdr1 to be redun with the new engine, so it looks and plays like rdr2, I would 110% buy it all over again and play it all over again, there is so much to these games, I just feel like the first game would benefit greatly, more people would play it and the sequel would make a lot more sense.

Anyway just my day dreaming fantasy for today, I cant say enough about this game, it literally took over my winter, I havent played another game in months or left my house unless it was necessary, I opted to stay in from the cold New England weather and play RDR2 until I dropped.

If they added a feature to hang people, to use your lasso for many other things like tree climbing and stuff, I think rdr2 would be perfect.

It is a game changer, I cant imagine playing an open world game any less beautiful than this, I bought far cry 5 and havent even looked at since the day rdr2 was released, I started fc5 but after a day of exploring, I got rdr2 and now it just sits there, my fav game cod ww2 hasnt been touched in 3 months, and that was my daily go to.

Thank you for the awesome game!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lumper said:

I play games for the graphics and the better they get the better I like them, from Zaxxon, to Goldeneye to Half life, to Crysis, to Veitcong, to cod ww2, to RDR2 has been a heck of a ride.

I love this game so much, I played through the story mode quickly, then replayed it to go slower and find all the things I could, then at 94% complete and story 100% I decided maybe it would be cool to get and play rdr again, its been 10 years, I really never played the story, I tried the game and it was cool, but I never really got into it too much.

I thought it would be cool to keep going with the story and play it now as a sequel, well let me tell you, Rockstar did such an amazing job with rdr2 that it is really hard to go back.

Im trying, Ive done a few missions, and I am free roaming, it is neat to find stuff I found in rdr2 while free roaming now, etc.. but all in all I can not get into it, it just lacks so much of what made rdr2 awesome that although I want too I just keep thinking about how great EVERYTHING in rdr2 is compared to rdr.

even picking plants, it is so detailed and specific now, in comparison I am having a tough time enjoying the rdr stuff, I just keep thinking of how much it lacks compared to its prequil sequal release.

I wish I had stuck it out 9 years ago when I had the game on my 360, I think I am going to go for a third play through over playing rdr1.

Honestly I would pay a premium for rdr1 to be redun with the new engine, so it looks and plays like rdr2, I would 110% buy it all over again and play it all over again, there is so much to these games, I just feel like the first game would benefit greatly, more people would play it and the sequel would make a lot more sense.

Anyway just my day dreaming fantasy for today, I cant say enough about this game, it literally took over my winter, I havent played another game in months or left my house unless it was necessary, I opted to stay in from the cold New England weather and play RDR2 until I dropped.

If they added a feature to hang people, to use your lasso for many other things like tree climbing and stuff, I think rdr2 would be perfect.

It is a game changer, I cant imagine playing an open world game any less beautiful than this, I bought far cry 5 and havent even looked at since the day rdr2 was released, I started fc5 but after a day of exploring, I got rdr2 and now it just sits there, my fav game cod ww2 hasnt been touched in 3 months, and that was my daily go to.

Don't be surprised if RS remasters RDR along with GTA San Andreas, Liberty City or Vice City sometime in the not too distant future.   These games are classics.  

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, lumper said:

Kinda pointless, this is like comparing a Lamborghini Countach with a Huracan,  Countach was an exceptional car in it's time, just like RDR was an exceptional game in it's time.  Of course RDR2 is better. 

11 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Don't be surprised if RS remasters RDR along with GTA San Andreas, Liberty City or Vice City sometime in the not too distant future.   These games are classics. 

I don't see them remastering any of these.  Their focus is now on RDR Online.  Would be cool if they redid GTA:SA, that was my favorite GTA game out of them all.

Honestly neither do I, I assume they will move forward with this game engine and make a new game, plus work on online, etc.. 
I would love to see them remap the game with this engine but the cost, and time it would take for a game that is already released and everyone is aware of, I dont know how successful it would be,

I think only die hard's and those who really appreciate this game engine would buy the original game again, I definitely would, but far and as a business I dont see Rockstar going down that road.

PS4 and Xbox are now over 5 years old. Why write or rewrite games for a console that you know may not be around in 2 years? 

Maybe save your killer box set for the next gen of consoles?  (Red Dead 3, 2 and 1 with 10k graphics and a machine that can push it.)

We all waited 7 years for RD2 and I would bank that we would pay whatever Rockstar would ask for the box set. Why sell it now if you can wait a couple of years and make twice as much?

• Like 2

I feel the same as the OP. It's the game of the decade IMO. On 2nd runthru and still it's awesome...just wish there were DLC missions for single player...online I stay away from...if you could play it and block others it would be better...but can't take the juvenile crap...it ruins it 4 me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pulseox said:

I feel the same as the OP. It's the game of the decade IMO. On 2nd runthru and still it's awesome...just wish there were DLC missions for single player...online I stay away from...if you could play it and block others it would be better...but can't take the juvenile crap...it ruins it 4 me.

I don't see how you can do a 2nd play through.  I'm struggling now to finish the epilogue story line.  And then i just got The Long Dark in the mail today so my evening for the next few nights won't be RDR2.  

On 2/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Kormath said:

Kinda pointless, this is like comparing a Lamborghini Countach with a Huracan,  Countach was an exceptional car in it's time, just like RDR was an exceptional game in it's time.  Of course RDR2 is better. 

I don't see them remastering any of these.  Their focus is now on RDR Online.  Would be cool if they redid GTA:SA, that was my favorite GTA game out of them all.

They will, if they believe such a move, will make money.  Never say never. When cash is king. 

Edited by dredd1961

2nd  play through was fun but 3rd time is the charm.

Literally took me the first play through to see the story, the second play through was to collect stuff I missed, the third play through is to collect everything but as I go, to get the satchel upgrades in chapter 2 so for the rest of the game I have the max satchel, that alone makes a world of difference, I also grabbed the Arabian early on, and stuff like that, Im in chapter 3 at the very beginning, I have only done a fishing mission with Javier, one with Dutch and Hosea and I took Sadie to the store, thats it, otherwise I have been free roaming and while I am out there, I am grabbing all the dreamcatchers, dino bones and rock carvings I come across, doing the hunter, herbalist and horseman challanges too and all before the middle of chapter 3.

It is so much more fullflilling this time through, knowing about many things I had no idea about the first time is making it very satisfying.

This game has ruined all my other games though, I have far cry 5, with the gold edition, so it came with fc 3 and 3 or 4 dlcs, etc.. but it just doesnt compare visually and so I cant get excited about it.

Ive waited a long time for rdr2 level of graphics in an open world game, wee talking since 1975 when I had pong and texas instrument pc products.

• Like 1