Hunting Outfit

Jimblob

Question

Just for the fun of it I made a outfit for hunting useing the drabist green's available Pants,Shirt,Vest,Jacket,Boot's,Bandana and Flat Cap all green and now when stalking I can get right in to the middle of a herd of critter's even tried a knife kill but the swish sound when pulling it out spooked the herd of Pronghorn I had stalked. Is this an in game thing or have I just discovered how to hunt properley.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Jimblob said:

Just for the fun of it I made a outfit for hunting useing the drabist green's available Pants,Shirt,Vest,Jacket,Boot's,Bandana and Flat Cap all green and now when stalking I can get right in to the middle of a herd of critter's even tried a knife kill but the swish sound when pulling it out spooked the herd of Pronghorn I had stalked. Is this an in game thing or have I just discovered how to hunt properley.

Sounds like you had fun. Have you tried using the scent cover? Might help

2 hours ago, Jimblob said:

Make sure to cover your face with bandana as this apperears to also help.

Have you tried using the scent cover?  Cannot find it in online game unable to buy or craft.

Really I honestly did not know that. Thanks.

How long did it take you to gather all the supplies for your outfit? 

I was level 76 when I made the outfit I already had most of the greens as my outfit's all have some green in them really only had to buy the shirt and boot's.

The Mad Plan of it was "Make Like a Bush" ie as close to camoflage as I could make it.

I'm gonna try this!

Please let us know how you get on.

What I do.

Send my Hoss away,stay low, move slow in a ziz zag pattern towards the herd, when spotted stay still till I'v been checked out to not spook them. Basically behave as they do.

Hopefully at somtime R* will give us the Trapper and we will be able to make Hunting Outfit's from Animal skin's.

Also was Camoflage available at this time in history ?