Timed part of A Strange Kindness mission

gamerfan1010

Strategy guide doesn’t say. I guess during play, you just untie and get the guy on the horse and back as soon as you can. I just mash the ‘run’ button as much as possible to make sure that the walking phase is as quick as possible. 

1 hour ago, gamerfan1010 said:

@Foxtrot I did that tho-I even had my gf time me and when he got on the back of the horse I had her start the timer and when I got there I had 24 seconds to go. And when I had her start it when I untie him I got there just as timer was going off and neither counted towards the gold so idk what to try next 

not much online about it either,  timer is 1 min 40 sec, only site i've looked at so far that says anything about the gold time run is powerpyx - http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-a-strange-kindness-walkthrough/

Move quickly, and go around fences rather than jumping over them to maintain your speed and stamina.  Keep heading towards the checkpoint, and you'll reunite the family.

EDit:  just found on Gamepressure the timer starts at the end of the gunfight.  https://guides.gamepressure.com/red-dead-redemption-2/guide.asp?ID=47111

• Return the captive to his family within 1 minute and 40 seconds - Run towards your horse as soon as you end the battle. Ride quickly to the man's family.
  • Score 5 headshots - There are only a few enemies here so use every opportunity to score a headshot.
  • Complete the mission with at least 80% accuracy - There aren't many enemies here so you shouldn't have problems with completing this challenge.
  • Complete the mission without items that replenish health.
Edited by Kormath