Question about new map markers?

Vectorvital

Question

So with the new Red Dead Online update out, I have some questions about the new player markers on the map.

1: Is there a way to see what color your marker is?

2: Will your marker fade back to dark blue if you stay out of trouble for a while? And if so, how long does that take?

I’d appreciate any help I could get to answer these questions, thanks for reading!

Edited by Vectorvital

5 answers to this question

I have yet to figure this out myself. I didn't get much time to play since the update. Hopping on in a bit tonight. I want to say the marker fades but I am not 100% certain. I also do not know about the color and can't seem to find any information on this for you, sorry!

1 hour ago, shawn said:

I have yet to figure this out myself. I didn't get much time to play since the update. Hopping on in a bit tonight. I want to say the marker fades but I am not 100% certain. I also do not know about the color and can't seem to find any information on this for you, sorry!

That’s alright! I’ve been a really passive player... but some guy just told me that I was dark red, and the only people I killed were guys who shot first at me... so that’s something to note! Defensive kills apparently still count as griefing... fun...

Can anyone answer this? 

I, too, do not know how to determine the colour of my dot. Does it go hand in hand with one's honour rating? Hope not, I was getting into a lot of fist fights before all the problems hit. LOL

1 hour ago, Xped said:

Can anyone answer this? 

I, too, do not know how to determine the colour of my dot. Does it go hand in hand with one's honour rating? Hope not, I was getting into a lot of fist fights before all the problems hit. LOL

I actually spent a session bringing my honor level back up before the update in anticipation of this.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

I actually spent a session bringing my honor level back up before the update in anticipation of this.

I wish I could have done so.  With game disconnects and crashes, I could not stay on longer than a few minutes.