Gold bar locations re-stocked in Epilogue?

lumper

I read in Arthur's Journal as John, he wrote, "I wonder if there is anything to these treasure maps?"

I thought maybe they would be reset for John to go collect, but they are not, however the crashed train car gave up 2 bars.

I started to go to the locations but I havent had any luck finding the old gold, only the limphany bar, and train wreck, Arthur grabbed the braithwaite bar in chapter 6 so I am not sure about that one.

Has anyone had any other results?

I've noticed that some loot boxes are reset.  That broken down wagon on the main road between Emerald Ranch and Valentine certainly gets closed and refilled.

There's plenty of nuggets around the map - I suspect that these have also respawned.  This is a good catch, thanks.

Not that I need much gold, I left much of the treasure hunting for John and he only really needs cash for when he's being killed and robbed all the time...

Nice, 

I have $33,000.00 or so now after the Epilogues, I spent another $10,000.00 or so also on horses and clothes, weapons upgrades and hair tonic, so yeah I get it, but I was under the impression that these reset based on Johns comment about Arthurs satchel with the maps.

Anyway, I found the same thing, all the "Loot" spots reset but not the treasure locations for the various maps.

I too dont need any more money, but if it is there, I want it.

In the search for the rest of the parakeets I have picked up lots of gator eggs, crawfish, and plumes all of which sell for a few bucks each and can make you some quick money.

In story mode I kept most jewelry in case I needed it for crafting, now that I have all trinkets and talismans I have no need for earings, or rings, etc.. so I am only keeping unique items, viking comb, meteorite's, etc...this time around and staying as light as I can in the valuables section of my satchel.

Don’t sell your gator eggs unless you’ve already completed the exotics strand. I found that they don’t respawn very quickly (if at all). Selling gator eggs to quickly really cost me a lot of time and effort. 

25 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Don’t sell your gator eggs unless you’ve already completed the exotics strand. I found that they don’t respawn very quickly (if at all). Selling gator eggs to quickly really cost me a lot of time and effort. 

they do respawn but it's a slow respawn, like 3 or 4 in game days.  Gotta give the gators time to get busy and lay more eggs i guess. 

I did just that, donated a few eggs to Pearson then sold everything else i found.  Then i got the exotics missions.  Took a while to get all the eggs, there's a guide for the exotics quests that marks where the eggs and orchids spawn, and it's pretty damn accurate for an online guide. i never would have finished that quest line if it weren't for this guide.

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-all-exotics-locations/  

Yes, that’s the guide I’m using. I did wait a few in game days for the gator eggs, also tried a save/exit/load and they wouldn’t come back. I had the same thing with golden currants - I camped out for days on end waiting for them to sprout again. They only reappeared in the Epilogue. 

Still it’s a good thing there’s more than enough in the game. 

55 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Yes, that’s the guide I’m using. I did wait a few in game days for the gator eggs, also tried a save/exit/load and they wouldn’t come back. I had the same thing with golden currants - I camped out for days on end waiting for them to sprout again. They only reappeared in the Epilogue. 

Still it’s a good thing there’s more than enough in the game. 

You sure it was golden currants?  i picked a ton of those at that fallen down fort just west of Van Horn, they're scattered all over that area.  i'd pick them all then run over and hunt cougar or whatever in west elizabeth for a day or 2 (in-game time) then go back and pick more to do the crafting part of the herbalist challenge with them.

I completed All Algernon Wasp exotic missions in chapter 4

Now I just sell eggs, plumes, crawfish, etc.

If you haven't finished this, do it, its great, the pay off was big, and you get a couple unique items.

Edited by lumper
  • Thanks 1