Don't forget to read the journal...!

Foxtrot

I don't know whether you're like me or not, but I only really look at the journal when Arthur/John draws something, or I have a quick look when I open it accidentally  (usually pressing the wrong button trying to open the satchel).  I read a bit at the start of the game and then largely overlooked it.

Arthur put a lot of effort into creating this journal - I think it's pretty important that we also put some effort into reading it, he did leave it for those who follow, after all.

Here in my third playthrough I made a point to read it all, I read it after chapter 2 started to see what Arthur had already written to get some backstory, and then along the way I check it every few days when the game tells me he wrote in it.

This time, I made a point to use Arthur for as much as I possibly could so his journal would look good, John isnt the artist Arthur is.

I lost all investment first playthrough (which I'm still in) when I realized what was going to happen. I was able to maintain a good save point I think in chapter 3 or 4. As soon as I hit that part I realized that I was going to have to replay the game with a completely different mindset but I wanted to hit a hundred percent first.