Series Showdown Large

pluck3

Anyone else noticed that , in Hostile Territory for map like blackwater / rhodes / heartland oild fields ,  the starting position for most of team are unbalanced , i spawn at 100m from any points while exemple the coyote pack in blackwater are at like 25m from A and 50m from B , giving them unfair advantage , whatever my team skill is it unbalanced, also in Most Wanted , you run like 10meter , hide and you can spawn kill any1 that spawn back where you spawned first.. making mass Spawn camping ,   the free roam event , not fun at all , try to get the gold armor when u have to kill 25 player before getting at 10m from the armor and bang u end dying , unless you are in a 7man posse , free roam event not really interesting

Yeah it seems like they need to tweak this a bit. Even when you just spawn into free roam, it is a bit of a toss-up as to where you will land. Sometimes I get put by loads of animals and get attacked, other times I can spawn in and get shot within 20 seconds if I don't start moving. 

19 hours ago, pluck3 said:

Anyone else noticed that , in Hostile Territory for map like blackwater / rhodes / heartland oild fields ,  the starting position for most of team are unbalanced , i spawn at 100m from any points while exemple the coyote pack in blackwater are at like 25m from A and 50m from B , giving them unfair advantage , whatever my team skill is it unbalanced, also in Most Wanted , you run like 10meter , hide and you can spawn kill any1 that spawn back where you spawned first.. making mass Spawn camping ,   the free roam event , not fun at all , try to get the gold armor when u have to kill 25 player before getting at 10m from the armor and bang u end dying , unless you are in a 7man posse , free roam event not really interesting

Yeah not a lot of talk about Showdown series or free room on this forum so I'll just try to make a contribution.

The spawn after death seems random, in my opinion, but agree it's almost always disadvantageous.  However sometimes though the respawn seems to definitely go in your favor for a session.  The larger the lobby the worse off the re/spawn

Without any real evidence I think it is random and R* does that to “level the playing field” but then again I always spawn at same spots whereas competition has different spots.  Hostile territory is exception where you almost always respawn near a caputered territory

I haven’t figured out a pattern, yet, so if anyone has I'd appreciate it.

And agree free room is really frustrating at times  because...

• Sometimes they put you so far away from objective the running becomes a silly waste of time and for some reason a bulk of players just like to pick people off.  I don't understand it, if I'm losing bad, I just like to turn my attention to the ones sitting on roofs and shoot them.
  • You can't really win King of the castle against a high rank smart posse who hunkers down and covers all approaches.  Need to work on my dynamite skills and/or build a small posse.

I do, sometimes, really enjoy the free rooms (most of the time they're fustrating) because I can squeeze out a win and it's quick cash but primarily great XP.  

It's a beta and like everything else needs some fixes/tweaks.