Posse membership

Herta47

Question

I always join Open posses as option at the gamestart. 

Does the status of a persistant posseleader influence your personal status ?  If so, It's impossible to improve your status as persistent player. What's the effect from persistent to honorable during the game and vice versa? 

Edited by Herta47

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

Be careful. There are posses out there and many of them that, as soon as you join, the Posse leader selects friendly fire and blows your head off for the XP.  

Yes, I noticed several times. But joining Open posses is the only option if your playing during the day (GMT+1 timezone) and closed posses are not available.

Edited by Herta47

8 hours ago, Herta47 said:

the only option if your playing during the day (GMT+1 timezone) and closed posses are not available.

I am on Xbox, U.S. Central Time. I ride on a posse with Parth1c who is a streamer in Australia. He will let you join. Additionally my gamertag is The Grey Hare. I will friend you and you are welcome to ride with me in my Aces 'n Eights Posse, Herta 👍

9 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

I am on Xbox, U.S. Central Time. I ride on a posse with Parth1c who is a streamer in Australia. He will let you join. Additionally my gamertag is The Grey Hare. I will friend you and you are welcome to ride with me in my Aces 'n Eights Posse, Herta 👍

I friended back👍 I possess a mic and gray hair too😃

1. Are you playing through discord? 
  2. How to join "Aces 'n Eights Posse "?
  3. When are you "in the air" and visible in the Posselist, because there is a big gap in timezone?

Edited by Herta47

10 hours ago, Herta47 said:

I friended back👍 I possess a mic and gray hair too😃

1. Are you playing through discord? 
  2. How to join "Aces 'n Eights Posse "?
  3. When are you "in the air" and visible in the Posselist, because there is a big gap in timezone?

1. Are you playing through discord? I don't know what that is so the answer is no...
  2. How to join "Aces 'n Eights Posse "?  If you see that I am online and playing, first thing to do is invite me to a party. That way I will not shoot you when you magically appear right next to me.  Join my game. I will invite you to my Posse. 
  3. When are you "in the air" and visible in the Posselist, because there is a big gap in timezone? Sometimes I do not have the Posse active. on my friend list I have you as a favorite which means I can see when you log on to play red Dead. I will invite you to a party, invite you to a game, activate the Posse and then add you to the Posse 😁👌

On 3/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, Major Dammidge said:

Be careful. There are posses out there and many of them that, as soon as you join, the Posse leader selects friendly fire and blows your head off for the XP.  

My buddy started joining open posses and this has happened to him almost every single time now. I am not sure if there is away around this but I think posses that do this crap should be kept closed or something as punishment. 

On 3/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, FLIP said:

I am not sure if there is away around this 

You can only go in prepared to shoot your way out of danger.  Arm yourself with twins sawed-off shotguns. If you do not own them have a pump shot gun or repeater shotgun in your hands when you join the Posse. Of course if you get lassoed quickly switch to your knife and it breaks immed or they cannot lasso you and 100% of the times they have lassoed me they are shocked when I jump up and slice their throat and switch to shotgun/s.