Overpowered Players & Rockstar's Enabling

Bobby

Overpowered Players & Rockstar's Enabling

This game is rife with people who gain outstandingly unfair advantages based on their ability to spend money. The amount of times I have outplayed people and still ended up on the ground is incalculable, & it doesn't seem to be letting up, either. Rockstar must crack down on their own reluctance to launch the full game, and massively overhaul many of this game's features, including, but not limited to: 

1. The Hat Perk 

2. Explosive Rounds

3. Paint it Black

4. Slippery Bastard

5. General failures of the server to land two posse members on the same team in any given game-mode. 

If Rockstar doesn't take their game seriously enough to give players a fair shake, they should cancel it outright. The time for full release is now. Rockstar cannot expect skilled gamers to put their rage aside and simply spend money in order to be combat-effective against players who have spent more. That is the essence of greed, tasteless trickery, & corruption. 

For a game that is centered on the take-no-prisoners attitude of The Wild West, this game absolutely takes prisoners, in that, your only means of winning is to pay more. Rockstar has a ton of making up to do, and they must act immediately to ensure a true vision of lawlessness in this game. The only law in it? Whoever pays the most wins. 

Signed, a disheartened fan of this series 

P.S. Money shouldn't be Rockstar's motive

• Confused 1

Yeah. Might be the wrong place lol. Oh well, not much I can do about it. Welcome to the Forums!

About your comment:

The first thing to keep in mind is that you didn't pay for the Online Mode. It is included with the main game. And yes, I know that you only want to see the game improve. We all do. But IMO this is the wrong way to go about it. Sure, you can talk to us about it, but if you want change, send feedback to R*! They really do try to listen. Yes, I agree with you on certain points. There are some rather annoying bugs in the game that should be fixed ASAP. But, in the words of Shigeru Miyamoto: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." If R* wants to keep the game in Beta, then that's their decision. IMO they know what they are doing (most of the time), and they want to make RDO the game we all want it to be. 

Also, you don't have to spend money to be good at the game. The starter weapons are sturdy, and with a bit of skill and luck, most of the time you'll be fine. During my time of play I haven't run into too many toxic people. And if you can't get away from them, it's not that difficult to just change servers.

I understand how you feel however. Like I said, we all want this game to be excellent. However, IMO ranting about it won't change much. Send some feedback to R*.

Cheers!   

4 minutes ago, EjectedCasings said:

Yeah. Might be the wrong place lol. Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Well, if he/she decides to come back to be part of the discussion I'll move it for them.   ......otherwise there's not much point.

Having said that, I don't buy into this whole notion that people who purchase Gold Bars are somehow at a great advantage over other players who choose not to spend money on MTXs.  Items locked behind GBs are essentially all cosmetic and other items that can be bought with GBs can also be bought with in-game cash which anyone can grind for.  Personally, I didn't find it too difficult to buy the weapons / equipment / perks I needed to help defend myself, etc.  In all honesty, I stopped playing for now because there wasn't much else for me to work toward after lvl 65.  

Now, if you want to talk about OP advantages due to leveling, I would tend to agree as higher level players have quite a distinct advantage over other players.  Personally, I think explosive rounds should simply go away.  ....but none of that has to do with microtransactions, greed or whatever else you want to call it.  It's simply game balance or lack thereof.

btw, R* is a publicly traded company so whether you like it or not, it has to be about the money.   ......but it is also about making a quality product which is necessary to succeed at making money. 

The GaaS model is the future of gaming.  Folks can villainize MTXs as much as they want but in all honesty, these are what give games like this longevity.   GTAO wouldn't be the overwhelming success it is without them.  ......a game I still enjoy yet never once spent a dime of my money on a Shark Card.  As long as the model isn't P2W where items that provide an advantage (e.g. weapons, etc.) are locked behind real money, I'm ok with MTXs.  Besides, R* has long since confirmed that MTX locked items in RDO will only be cosmetic.

The game needs more options to suit more playstyles, more content ,etc. but certainly not some drastic overhaul as suggested.  .....IMO.

I dunno? I never spend money on gold and took the long grind to get the cards I wanted. Then the grind to get money to upgrade them to where I wanted them. I never saw it as a disadvantage they had over me. It was just a grinding goal to get there. This isn't a free to play pay to win game. Go grind a while. If that doesn't work, I have cheese and crackers.

• Kean_1 locked this topic