Rockstar, it can't be that difficult to remember lost carcasses and pelts after your disconnects.

Miltonastic

Like the title says, it can't be that difficult.

If the game can remember what's in my satchel after a disconnect or match, then it can remember what is stored on my horse.

You can see why people are so frustrated. Disconnects happen and are definitely annoying, but when the game erases an hour or more of a player's time by wiping their horse cargo, then anger is understandable. As an example, I had been hunting for a bit and had a perfect cougar carcass, perfect buck hide, perfect deer hide and a couple of perfect wolf hides. That took up game time to get those things. Not remembering my inventory is in a sense stealing my time. To be frank, this erasing people's time by wiping their horse inventory after disconnects and matches could seem intentional to some.  Trying to drive people into matches maybe? If so, tsk tsk and stop it Riockstar. 

Yes I can stick close to butchers and I try to, but you've limited their locations and so I don't get to enjoy the areas of the game I like to hunt in. Or I can stick to stuff that won't disappear. Then I'm limited to fishing, bird plucking (which has been nerfed) and picking herbs. 

You shouldn't mess with people's time. That's the true most valuable commodity in these games. No inventory should be lost after a disconnect or after joining a match.

Oh, and put me back in the same spot I was when I joined a free roam event or quick join a match. Not on the complete opposite side of the map in the middle of nowhere. That can't be difficult either. 

• Like 1

Given your post appears to be a direct plea to Rockstar, I thought it only fair to mention that RDR2.org is a fan site and not an official forum of R* or 2K.  

If you're intention was to get R*'s attention, I would suggest submitting feedback via their RDO Beta Feedback website here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

....unless of course it was just rhetorical.

Pretty much rhetorical.  I do intend on providing feedback on this and some other stuff on their site, but I needed to vent after a couple of expensive disconnects this morning. I had the day off and was planning on trying a long xp and money trip. The disconnects changed that plan and I was typing while thinking about what to do next. 😉

• Like 1