Are there really 100 treasure maps in rdr online?

crh2018

I played a couple play throughs in rdr2 story mode, but a newbie in rdo (started about a week ago). I was through challenges to gain xp, with one of them finding 100 treasure maps to obtain a belt buckle. I wasn't sure if there really is that many since I've been told that you only get a treasure map every 5 levels from lvl 10- lvl 50. 

Just curious.

Edited by crh2018

That's for the Buckle Awards. Keep an eye on those (Pin the easy ones) its easy XP and at the end you can reset each to earn .4 gold. Reset up to 10 times. As far as the amount of treasure locations not sure. You can also get maps from looting bodies. I've reset the treasure map buckle so the plain and simple answer is you can get more than 100 maps yes.

7 minutes ago, jnaron_ngc said:

The real question is, do any of them pay handsomely? $RDO 100 is not impressing me.

Some do. I've gotten almost $200 and 1.8 gold... or as little as .5 gold and $80.... A posse member has gotten a handful of pamphlets on top of that payout... with the avg pamphlet going around $500 that's a decent haul in my opinion. I myself have only been gifted 1 pamphlet and have gotten over 100 maps.... 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:28 PM, crh2018 said:

I played a couple play throughs in rdr2 story mode, but a newbie in rdo (started about a week ago). I was through challenges to gain xp, with one of them finding 100 treasure maps to obtain a belt buckle. I wasn't sure if there really is that many since I've been told that you only get a treasure map every 5 levels from lvl 10- lvl 50. 

Just curious.

Treasure maps are infinite. Not only can you occasionally get them from looting enemies, but you get them every 5 levels including beyond level 50. I'm level 192 and I still get them every 5 levels.