How to fix the error 0x50000006 on ps4?

Wingssheng

Hi, I have bought 2 pcs digital version of rdr2 of ps4  on 30th July 2019. But we both facing the same problem which is error 0x50000006 that caused us cannot play online mode. I have checked we have no problem on internet  and the ps4 firmware is latest version. So anyone know how to fix this ?

Edited by Wingssheng

Hi Wings and welcome to the forums.

I would suggest contacting R* Support via this link:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.123528136.292451116.1564766511-1195713146.1564766511

Provide them with as much detail as possible regarding the circumstances, etc.  While it seems for most RDO is stable, there are still some players complaining of errors like this making the game essentially unplayable or nearly so.  

I would open a trouble ticket with R* Support and be persistent.  Let them know if you're able to run other online modes in games without issue and what those are.  

This "Error" is actually the RedDeadOnline "Hazing Initiation" through R*. It's designed to be an AI to calculate what players have the will to play.

R* claims it's you. You claim its R*.... it's actually R* behalf. I bought into it was me for awhile due to the fact it took literally 6 months to minimize the disconnects. In this time I thought for sure it was my internet with fellow posse members not having the problems. After about 6 months of getting disconnected roughly every 15 min I pushed through and it's much better. Since that time the ones with no problems now have problems.... 

I tried clearing the cache.... checking ping... upload/download internet speed...router/modem specs to connected device limit...cleaning ps4 fans...anything you can think of during the 6 months and one day just better....

As the moderator says of course report the problem (I never did) the more they know the better for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wingssheng said:

I realized I was able to play online through mobile hotspot but not home wifi. Not sure what happened. But mobile hotspot still keep disconnect from time to time, really depressed now.  Anyone got any idea to fix it?

Did you report the problem to R* Support like I suggested?

I have tried to report by this issue through the link that you provided. It has required I  go to sign in or join social club in order to submit the request. Guess what? When I clicked on the sign in or join in social club button, both also shown the page was down. So I have no way to let the team notice my problem now. Seriously I was so regret to heard IGN recommendation to bough this game, I can't even understand why this game can score full. mark. I'll rate it 0 if I can as I felt cheated now. Totally disappointed. Is there any other way I message the team? 

10 hours ago, Wingssheng said:

I have tried to report by this issue through the link that you provided. It has required I  go to sign in or join social club in order to submit the request. Guess what? When I clicked on the sign in or join in social club button, both also shown the page was down. So I have no way to let the team notice my problem now. Seriously I was so regret to heard IGN recommendation to bough this game, I can't even understand why this game can score full. mark. I'll rate it 0 if I can as I felt cheated now. Totally disappointed. Is there any other way I message the team? 

Sorry to hear you are frustrated, for real. The high game score is really due to the fact of single player mode. It is pretty phenomenal. Unfortunately the online portion is still a work in progress which does boggle my mind with the amount of content that is in GTA you know they have the knowledge to implement more into RDO. That said I do hate when people compare GTA to RDO....totally different game...

With Social club I agree its tough... I seem to never be able to prove I'm a "Human" with those damn pictures if that's what you mean... I either over select cause I am human or the clicks don't register and refreshes.... but for me that's any site with "Re-captcha"

I did mention in a previous post that those error messages seem to come in waves.... Some long time GTAO players will tell you they went though the same in the early days and now everything is fine. 

You could try to lower your MTU settings to like 800 to put yourself in more of a private lobby. RDO does not have dedicated servers from what I can collect but uses P2P... that being said some of the players in your lobby might have a crap internet connection causing you problems. 

I'm sure my response won't help you but it's just my 2 cents.

11 minutes ago, llp said:

You could try to lower your MTU settings to like 800 to put yourself in more of a private lobby. RDO does not have dedicated servers from what I can collect but uses P2P... that being said some of the players in your lobby might have a crap internet connection causing you problems. 

The MTU trick folks use in GTAO doesn't seem to work in RDO unfortunately.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think IGN should review the full game features but not story mode only, or at least put a (Story mode review) this sort of words on title so won't misdirect gamer.  Seriously I was quarrel with my girlfriend more than 3 times  because 2pcs of this game is not cheap and yet the ending is  not what we expected. We have opened the port and clear cache, yet no luck, worst case is we want to feedback but the feedback page is down.  Twitter them no response at all. Finally I know got cheated by Rockstar. I swear to God, won't buy their games anymore and will post this issue to reddit to alert other gamers.

1 hour ago, Wingssheng said:

I think IGN should review the full game features but not story mode only, or at least put a (Story mode review) this sort of words on title so won't misdirect gamer. 

That's on IGN if they somehow deceived you into buying a game you thought they reviewed unfairly. .....but without a link to the review you're referencing, I couldn't even comment any further on it.  

I would suggest providing a link if you wish to discuss this point further.

Seriously I was quarrel with my girlfriend more than 3 times  because 2pcs of this game is not cheap and yet the ending is  not what we expected.

....so, you're upset about the ending of the story and are unhappy with your purchase in part because of that?  I'm not sure what you mean here.  As for the price of the game, the campaign alone was worth it IMO.  RDR2 was on par and/or more robust than other SP games out there.  Tons of content, huge map, long story, etc.  

.....but yeah, that depends on the individual.  RDR isn't the kind of game for everyone.

We have opened the port and clear cache, yet no luck, worst case is we want to feedback but the feedback page is down.  Twitter them no response at all. Finally I know got cheated by Rockstar. I swear to God, won't buy their games anymore and will post this issue to reddit to alert other gamers.

I'm not sure what to say on this one.  You can't play online at all?  

Just to clarify, their Support page is not down.  It was working fine when I provided the links and is today when I checked.  The issue is that you cannot access it on your end.

Have you thought about any of these issues possibly being a problem due to your location, service or because of the region you are in?  Where are you located btw?  As for warning others not to buy the game due to your own disappointment of the campaign and connectivity issues, that's your choice but we are here to try and help if you can fill us in.  Someone around here may be in the same area or had the same issue, etc. that may know the answer

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2019 at 2:57 AM, Wingssheng said:

Hi, I have bought 2 pcs digital version of rdr2 of ps4  on 30th July 2019. But we both facing the same problem which is error 0x50000006 that caused us cannot play online mode. I have checked we have no problem on internet  and the ps4 firmware is latest version. So anyone know how to fix this ?

You most open your router settings, and change your nattype to [OPEN] otherwise you cant p2p peer to peer connect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Attacker said:

You most open your router settings, and change your nattype to [OPEN] otherwise you cant p2p peer to peer connect.

fyi.....this was posted over a year and a half ago and the OP hasn't been back since.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:44 PM, llp said:

This "Error" is actually the RedDeadOnline "Hazing Initiation" through R*. It's designed to be an AI to calculate what players have the will to play.

R* claims it's you. You claim its R*.... it's actually R* behalf. I bought into it was me for awhile due to the fact it took literally 6 months to minimize the disconnects. In this time I thought for sure it was my internet with fellow posse members not having the problems. After about 6 months of getting disconnected roughly every 15 min I pushed through and it's much better. Since that time the ones with no problems now have problems.... 

I tried clearing the cache.... checking ping... upload/download internet speed...router/modem specs to connected device limit...cleaning ps4 fans...anything you can think of during the 6 months and one day just better....

As the moderator says of course report the problem (I never did) the more they know the better for sure. 

I agree. I had the disconnect problem on my Xbox One X at my apartment and couldn't play the game. RockStar claimed it was the settings on our routers. Months later after all the updates, my connection works fine and I never changed any settings. 

Edited by Vendetta