Salutations

Enoch

What’s up, guys and gals. My name is Enoch. I’ve been gaming since the late eighties with the original NES, so mind your step you young whoopy-snappers. RDR ranks among the top franchises of all time for me. Thanks for welcoming me into the community. 

Edited by Enoch

Welcome to the forums Enoch.

If we're going to hint at our age, I've been gaming since before mainstream consoles.  :)    Lots of quarters spent on pinball and early arcade games in the local hangouts.  My first console was the Bally Arcade and then the Commodore 64 which led into PC gaming.  .....well, actually that was probably my friends Osborne computer that was responsible for that.   .....had an Intellivision somewhere in between all that and played a lot on my friends Atari.

My first "real" PC I bought myself was around $2k IIRC and had a 386DX processor in it.   Stopped building PCs and switched back over to console after the PS3 hit.

There's actually quite a few in the same boat on this forum.  ....lot's of what you might call "mature" members here.  ;)

• Like 1

You definitely have me beat, my friend 😉

I played PC games around the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Never did have a dedicated gaming PC, though. Tribes and Battlefield 1942 were my go-to games in those days. Maybe one day I’ll pull the trigger on getting me a rig, but for now I’m content with my consoles. Since Microsoft is starting to “share” their exclusive Xbox titles with PC, I’m starting to not see the point in buying their console. Especially when you consider that Xbox Live is free on PC (at least I think it still is).

My main objective in getting a PC would be to take advantage of the emulators so I can play the games of yesteryear without having to have all those consoles handy. Even then I would still probably make it a suped up HTPC because I love couch gaming. We’ll see what time holds in store. 

Thanks for the warm welcome ✌️

• Like 1