Free Aim Lobbies?

Senator Goob

Question

I tried free aim mode and did some hideouts and killed cops in online and it was really fun. Pretty challenging but easier than i thought it would be. Seeing as they recently added free aim showdowns i think Rockstar is thinking about adding free aim lobbies. I want to know what people think. Would you want free aim lobbies? Do you think it would make the roles too difficult? Should it come with a role payout bonus? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

2 answers to this question

PvP hasn't been as popular as R* thought.  The introduction is likely just another way to help freshen it up.  They know there are some who prefer this kind of gameplay and yeah, I can see it as great way to gauge interest in it.

As for additional session types, R* has already said that their vision was for a one session experience and that is "Free Roam".  They currently have no interest in creating multiple session types (e.g. solo, private, free aim, etc.).  .....but that's not to say they won't change their minds at some point and they've even said as much.

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into it.  We'll have to see how things shake out.  If this new mode becomes really popular, then perhaps. 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:30 AM, Senator Goob said:

I tried free aim mode and did some hideouts and killed cops in online and it was really fun. Pretty challenging but easier than i thought it would be. Seeing as they recently added free aim showdowns i think Rockstar is thinking about adding free aim lobbies. I want to know what people think. Would you want free aim lobbies? Do you think it would make the roles too difficult? Should it come with a role payout bonus? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

free aim would resolve 90-95% of greifing. it would allow for immersive encounters with players, it would allow crews to engage in RP with other crews. PvP would require skill

and it would separate the casuals from the "hardcore" players (this is what they called people on RDR1 casual lobbies vs Hardcore lobbies).

Free Aim is needed.