Treasure maps limit?

Melizmator

Hmm I dont know, maybe you hit the limit?

Why do you not go get them?

I had 7 or 8 before I go get them then I grab them all at the same time, I just make a day of it in game so to speak.

I wonder if 30 is the max based on your experience, sounds like it might be.

I have doubles in satchel  I still doubt that 30 is limit, maybe can't be triples only, I'm waiting for the week with bonus gold from maps because I opened one yesterday and it awarded only 0.6 gold while during bonus week I was getting 1 gold and more  besides I have done over 2000 free roam stranger's missions with average 0.1 gold 

Edited by Melizmator

I didn't think you could have dupes in satchel and thats why the rate of looting them drops to non-existant when you have about 15 like I did? Reason I thought this is I had one in my lockbox that I couldn't collect until I used the one in my satchel. Did a few of them earlier to clear the backlog again, they all gave about 1.5gb but <$100. I prefer more cash less gold.

13 hours ago, Melizmator said:

I have doubles in satchel  I still doubt that 30 is limit, maybe can't be triples only, I'm waiting for the week with bonus gold from maps because I opened one yesterday and it awarded only 0.6 gold while during bonus week I was getting 1 gold and more  besides I have done over 2000 free roam stranger's missions with average 0.1 gold 

I see, thats not a bad idea.

I have been getting a wide range of payouts, yesterday I got .6 in one but 1.4 and 1.2 in others, .9 in a few etc.. but I suppose waiting for a bonus week or promotion is a god idea, maybe just cash out 5 at a time to make room so you dont lose out on any?
I keep finding them on tree's and treasure hunters selling them for $5.

Others above said they believe 30 is the limit, I'd ask R* personally , but in the meantime maybe use 1 map so you can see if when you encounter another you can collect it or not, that's what I would do anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured it out. The limit is thirty but if you happen to get to 28 day streak you will get this or additional map making it 31 it's probably only this one exception otherwise it's 30, but it's useless storing them because...

Once you get doubles  and open or of them the second one disappears as if you opened two of them 

Edited by Melizmator