5 month hiatus

cpt_hale_storm

Updated everything last night and jumped back online. Got a lot of help starting out from an old posse member that has almost all 3 trades at 20.

I like the defensive mode. I need to get some new clothes quickly since I look super outdated after not playing for 5 months. There are some real dapper folks out there.

Bounty hunting is pretty fun and so is the trader. I have not started the collector yet.

There doesn't seem to be the same amount of animals and It took me 8 minutes to find an iguana in Armadillo.

Ill keep my posse open if you want to kill some time. cpt_hale_storm

Recommend you start Collector by getting the bag from Madame Nazar ASAP as that role just progresses as you’re playing doing other things. It requires very minimal dedicated attention to progress.

Animals have been a real problem recently. Best bet is to do a bit of hunting whilst on trader or BH missions as more animals spawn then.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:48 PM, cpt_hale_storm said:

Updated everything last night and jumped back online. Got a lot of help starting out from an old posse member that has almost all 3 trades at 20.

I like the defensive mode. I need to get some new clothes quickly since I look super outdated after not playing for 5 months. There are some real dapper folks out there.

Bounty hunting is pretty fun and so is the trader. I have not started the collector yet.

There doesn't seem to be the same amount of animals and It took me 8 minutes to find an iguana in Armadillo.

Ill keep my posse open if you want to kill some time. cpt_hale_storm

I find the animals are everywhere as soon as you start any mission, so what I do is have my horse follow me on re supply missions for example an d I hunt along the way, same with bounty hunts, anything I do I also ride with my metal detector out and grab any collectibles I can find along thee way and I hunt anything that moves when ever I see it.

the collector role alone will make you tens of thousands of dollars, and is easy to collect while you do other things so definitely get it started.

You can buy maps until you get started, once you have most of the items in most of the collections, then it pays to go out and finish them up and sell them off, I made $4500 the other day in  a few hours with only collectibles.

I let them build up while I am doing the bounties and keeping Cripps making product, I do re supply missions and material runs whenever I can and then when we hit 100 items I do a local run for the $500, just a litle balance and all of a sudden you have thousands of dollars and tons of gold.

7 hours ago, lumper said:

I find the animals are everywhere as soon as you start any mission,

This ^

I get soo frustrated everytime im on a mission with a timer set up suddenly there are TONS literally TONS of animals everywhere !!!! It drives me nuts. I dynamite them basterds as i pass by >:(

When the mission ends - POOF !! Like magic. Animals are scarce.   

16 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

This ^

I get soo frustrated everytime im on a mission with a timer set up suddenly there are TONS literally TONS of animals everywhere !!!! It drives me nuts. I dynamite them basterds as i pass by >:(

When the mission ends - POOF !! Like magic. Animals are scarce.   

I use this time to hunt mainly, so you always seem to have several minutes left over, anywhere from 4 to 9 minutes at the end of most missions, so on the way I kill anything that moves, and I have my horse follow me so I can stack him up.
I find if I look for collectibles and hunt while on missions, when I am done, I can always go back to Cripps and load him up, he is always 75% or better full in my camp whenever I can keep it going anyway,  then I also stop at the butcher and sell him everything Cripps doesnt want, but you make money both ways around the side missions whether they be re supply missions, bounties or hunting a collectible, the only time animals are sparse is while in free roam actually., at least it sometimes seems that way to me.

9 hours ago, BadAxe said:

Thats how I hunt now. I start a bounty or a resupply mission, but just ignore the mission and go hunting.  That way I fill up my materials fast, then do the resupply mission to turn them into sellable goods. 

I do the same thing, but I also  do the mission whether it be a bounty or a collectible or for Cripps, hunt when you see them, IMO anyway.

Up to level 10 on bounty and trader. Level 3 on the collector. Making money seems kinda slowish. Hunting and tracking items for the gypsy woman is mostly how I spend my time. Mix in a few bounties and I have to sign off for the night. I will also tackle the easy daily challenge stuff for quick cash.