What i hate about rdr2

harry747

For one thing, when I save and then load again, I appear not where I was before I saved but somewhere nearby. This is not at all helpful when trying to reach a dangerous location. For example, when I was trying to get to the gold in the crashed train, I had to try countless times because I kept falling off that mountain and dying. Very annoying! Saving when I have overcome an obstacle doesnt help because as I said, I appear somewhere else. ARGH!

Also, when I get into a fight and they manage to kill me, I lose a ton of money. Also very annoying.

Edited by harry747
fixed a typo

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you always spawn in a safe place.  It wouldn't be too good if you saved a game and then immediately fell off a cliff when you loaded that save back.  You pretty much never reload a game in exactly the same place as you saved it.

And yes, when you get shot, you get money taken from you.  Strangely, it's not all of your money.  At least you don't lose all of your weapons and your horse.

Isn't this a protective measure to ensure you don't end up getting killed by someone or something? I remember one of the first times I saved and quit and then got back to playing the next day, I spawned in and two cougars tore me to bits in seconds. I stood up to grab a drink from the kitchen while it was loading the game, came back to seeing my dude get tore to bits lol