Red Dead Redemption 2 Quiting During Launch Screen

Vendetta

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 quiting on the launch screen? 

My NVIDIA drivers are up to date and I have contacted RockStar games with the message below: 

To Whom It May Concern 

I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC and everytime I attempt to launch the game, it closes before  the loading screen can finish with the message, “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly.” All of my NVIDIA drivers are up to date. This is unexceptable. I've waited a long time for the launch of this game and I have given you people,  alot of my money over the year's, both on console and PC. If you can not fix this issue before my patience runs out, you can refund my money.  

Please refer to the sticky I made and see if any of those soultions help.  In particularm 

Rockstar Games Launcher Release Notes - v1.0.9.164

Created November 5, 2019Updated November 5, 2019
FollowPrint

[November 5, 2019] General / Miscellaneous 

• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize" on startup
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly" when launching Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "Unable to launch game, please verify your game data" when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, shawn said:

I know someone who was having this issue as well but it seems to have worked for him since then. I think it was an issue with the Rockstar launcher. 

If you look at my post just above yours, R* had fixed some issues with the launcher earlier this afternoon so that could be why in your friends scenario.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

If you look at my post just above yours, R* had fixed some issues with the launcher earlier this afternoon so that could be why in your friends scenario.

Yeah I saw that after I posted. At least we know they are on top of issues and fixing them with little waiting time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Please refer to the sticky I made and see if any of those soultions help.  In particularm 

Rockstar Games Launcher Release Notes - v1.0.9.164

Created November 5, 2019Updated November 5, 2019
FollowPrint

[November 5, 2019] General / Miscellaneous 

• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize" on startup
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly" when launching Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error "Unable to launch game, please verify your game data" when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher

Nope, everything is updated on my end. 

Update: In another posting, a forum member recommended making changes in my anti-virus software by giving Red Dead Redemption 2 an exclusion. I have never done this before with any of my games. In any event, it worked. So if your having the problem that I was having, give this a try. 

Now that I can get the game running, here's a new problem that I'm having, omptimazation. The game shutters or bottlenecks. 

Even when using the NVIDIA software to fine tune my settings, which defaults everything to the lowest settings, still the problem continues. I understand that even users with RTX are having issues. 

Until they correct the omptimazation in this game, any tips? 

My gaming laptop has an i5 with a GTX 1050 TI 4GB. 

Edited by Vendetta