[RESOLVED] RDR2 freezes computer and makes it unresponsive

Loneckii

Hi, I’m not sure if others are having this problem as I couldn’t find anyone else having a similar issue, but I was just wondering if any of you here might be able to help me.

What my problem is: every time I get past the loading screen when I get in game it automatically freezes up my computer and crashes, I then have to manually press the off button on my laptop as I can’t click anything because the pc freezes. It only recently started doing this and I have no clue why because it was running perfectly fine just a few days ago. This problem makes the game completely unplayable and frustrating at the least. So now I am here hoping and praying that I can receive guidance from someone on what the problem may be. 

My Specs: Alienware 

Memory: 8 GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70 GHz [Cores 2] [Logical/Core 2]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10

Also sorry in advance if what I’m saying doesn’t make sense, I am not at all a tech savvy person.

• Kean_1 changed the title to [RESOLVED] RDR2 freezes computer and makes it unresponsive
9 minutes ago, Loneckii said:

Yes I seemed to have fixed my problem, turns out it’s because my computer prefers Vulcan over DirectX12. Thank you for your guys’ help anyhow, it is appreciated! 

Thanks for reporting back with the fix you that worked for your problem. 

I'm marking some of these thread titles with "RESOLVED" to hopefully help others in the community too.