How to Go Defensive on PC with Free Roam

BornToBattle

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Defensive mode should be in the Free Roam menu under Online Options I believe. 

I'm not aware that PC is different than console in this regard.

Just to make it extra clear: while in Free Roam, the L key brings up the Free Roam menu. Then it's indeed under Online Options (the bottom item in the menu.)

(Keep in mind that some missions or events revert you back to Offensive mode, so you'll have to switch it back after the mission.)

9 hours ago, flu007 said:

Just to make it extra clear: while in Free Roam, the L key brings up the Free Roam menu. Then it's indeed under Online Options (the bottom item in the menu.)

(Keep in mind that some missions or events revert you back to Offensive mode, so you'll have to switch it back after the mission.)

Ahhhh...L key while in Free Roam...that’s why I never see it.  I was trying to find it under the opening menu! Thanks!

11 hours ago, flu007 said:

Your mode should go back to your default choice automatically after an offensive mission (they changed this in one of the updates) but it's best to check anyway as that may not always be the case.  I don't think it always works as intended.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Your mode should go back to your default choice automatically after an offensive mission (they changed this in one of the updates) but it's best to check anyway as that may not always be the case.  I don't think it always works as intended.

Yeah, I haven't paid close enough attention to it to have discovered the system behind it, but sometimes I have to switch back to defensive, sometimes I don't. Definitely after some of the Free Roam events, but perhaps not the missions, not sure. In any case, yeah, I check every time. :)