Can't be many on.

Been trying to do the early missions on PC and no one joining, on PS4 i was only searching for players for maybe 30 seconds and did them straight away. It's kind of annoying not been able to find anyone, tried different times and still no joy. I only finished downloading yesterday and have been trying since then which i know isn't a long time but it seems like ages when your in a lobby continuously waiting for people, maybe it's because many players are scared their PC's won't run it, i just don't know. Maybe some are waiting to get it as a present for xmas, might have to wait till after that.

If you're talking about the "three sheriff" missions, I only did one of those early on and then ignored the story missions. I only did the 3rd of the three sheriff missions the other day at level 140ish, when there was a daily challenge to complete a story mission. I have yet to continue with the rest of the story. I wish there was an option to do them solo.

I normally don't have trouble with joining missions and have been the last few days. I am not sure what is going on. I am taking a break till the new year with the game and will hop back on GTA V for the time being. I can at least do missions there.