Red dead 2 awful performance on Gtx 1060 3gb.

VincentFvega

Hi guys, I have a Lenovo Y520, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design 3 GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80 GHz, 16 GB. My problem is that no matter what graphics setting I use, the game looks like crap on my laptop. Now I am fully aware that I don’t have the best gaming laptop but I can still play games like Witcher 3 or Gta V on high or ultra setting with no problem. RDR2 keeps stuttering (mostly annoying micro stutters) even when I’m using low and medium settings. Even when I manage to get 45+ fps ( graphics look horrible) , I’m still getting micro stutters every 5-10 seconds. It’s getting really frustrating so I’d really appreciate any help I can get. If anyone had this problem and knows how to solve it, help a brother out. Thank you. 

I never use Laptops, I had a dell gaming laptop that according to the specs should have ran anything that was made at the time, I suffered loads of problems with a multitude of games. In the end I ended up returning it and built myself a desktop. I have had this PC quite a while now and it runs RDR2 like a dream. My processor of choice was the Intel 4690k and my graphics card is a gtx 970, granted my Processor is clocked at 4.3, but overall I thought I would have problems but had some spare cash and found a copy that was cheapish and all I can say imo, it runs better and looks graphically superior to my PS4 Pro. R* had supposedly made the game to run on lower end PC's so I have no idea why your laptop is struggling in all honesty.

20 hours ago, VincentFvega said:

Hi guys, I have a Lenovo Y520, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design 3 GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80 GHz, 16 GB. My problem is that no matter what graphics setting I use, the game looks like crap on my laptop. Now I am fully aware that I don’t have the best gaming laptop but I can still play games like Witcher 3 or Gta V on high or ultra setting with no problem. RDR2 keeps stuttering (mostly annoying micro stutters) even when I’m using low and medium settings. Even when I manage to get 45+ fps ( graphics look horrible) , I’m still getting micro stutters every 5-10 seconds. It’s getting really frustrating so I’d really appreciate any help I can get. If anyone had this problem and knows how to solve it, help a brother out. Thank you. 

There is nothing wrong with your gaming laptop or PC gaming on a laptop in general. I'm having issues with my gaming laptop as well. The problem is RockStar. I don't know of a fix for you or if there is even a fix as I can't find one either. 

Consider this, both your laptop and mine are way more powerful then the base consoles which run the game fine. The problem is optimization.

• Like 1

Yeah this seems to be a port issue. A lot of people are having trouble with it. While I would never play on a laptop, plenty of gaming laptops are built to run and handle games like this just fine and you shouldn't be having issues at all here. 

On 12/25/2019 at 12:57 AM, VincentFvega said:

I'm playing on a laptop with GeForce GTX 1060. before this pathetic christmas snow i was playing well with high settings, now i can't even play with low settings. hopefully it'll get better after this ridiculous season. but still it was highly disappointing to prevent many players to play during the holidays.