Howdy

FruitOfTheLum

Hello!

New Xbox player from Britain here. I've been playing Online for just over a week now, having spent most of my time in Fallout 76 before. Somebody recommended it to me, as - according to her - "it's basically just a big world you can live in", which is something I enjoy online or off. So far, so good, random murders aside!

The random murders have put a dampener on things a bit, but I've also had some fun times already. Yesterday I was in the Valentine saloon and three of us, without even communicating, got heavily smashed and had ourselves a random party. I also got invited to a moonshine party, which was... odd.

Anyway, I'm trying to play as a peaceful trading kind of character, rather than a gunslinging brute or outlaw or whatnot. I've only shot one 

As is usually the case when I play a game for long enough, though, I get the urge to chat about it and go find a forum for just that purpose. So, hello! 

I'm hoping someone can help me with some rudimentary questions while I'm introducing myself, rather than litter the forum with them. 

1.  I've been playing for over week now and only have 13 gold bars. I need 15 to become a trader! I might be willing to spend money on the stuff if the game holds my interest, but until then... is there some faster way of earning gold than challenges and stranger missions?! Its by far my biggest problem with the game so far!
  2. Hunting. So far as just raw dollar value goes, I've had some great success up in the Grizzlies. But when a daily challenge asks me to hunt a specific type of animal... is there some in-game way of figuring out where to find them, short of literally just riding around looking for them? I don't like to cheat and look online, but...
  3. How is Dead Eye supposed to work in online? I think I'm doing it wrong. In singleplayer it obviously slows down time and lets you tag enemies, but neither of those seems to work here (the former for obvious reasons), which just makes it... well, worse than regular aiming, at least as far as I can tell. Am I doing it wrong?
  4. Is there a way of opting out of being randomly shot in the head by another player whenever you enter a town...?

Thanks if you can answer any of these!

Anyway, hello all! Maybe I'll see you out on the trails!

1 hour ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

Hello!

New Xbox player from Britain here. I've been playing Online for just over a week now, having spent most of my time in Fallout 76 before. Somebody recommended it to me, as - according to her - "it's basically just a big world you can live in", which is something I enjoy online or off. So far, so good, random murders aside!

The random murders have put a dampener on things a bit, but I've also had some fun times already. Yesterday I was in the Valentine saloon and three of us, without even communicating, got heavily smashed and had ourselves a random party. I also got invited to a moonshine party, which was... odd.

Anyway, I'm trying to play as a peaceful trading kind of character, rather than a gunslinging brute or outlaw or whatnot. I've only shot one 

As is usually the case when I play a game for long enough, though, I get the urge to chat about it and go find a forum for just that purpose. So, hello! 

I'm hoping someone can help me with some rudimentary questions while I'm introducing myself, rather than litter the forum with them. 

Hi FOTL and welcome to the forums.

In regard to littering the forums with your questions, actually that is what we would prefer you do.  This sub forum was meant as a welcoming area and really isn't suited to answer a lot questions about the game.  Not everyone looks in here so you may have a better chance of getting more answers, suggestions, viewpoints, etc. in the Online forums for example.

I would encourage you to open new threads regarding your questions there and/or ask them in existing threads relevant to your topic if you happen to see one.  

Anyhow, welcome and hope to see you around.

• Thanks 1