1792 Quarter Glitch

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but figured I'd share anyway.

With the recent lack of animals, and being rank 330+ with 550 gold and $115K I had to find some incentive to play for more than a quick daily, so I decided to max out all 140 collections(figured it can't hurt to be sitting on about $45K and 210,000 experience lol). About 95% done, but for the past 4 days I've been unable to get the 1792 quarter(apparently a somewhat common glitch???). Map has the correct location, metal detector goes bezerk, but no dig prompts and I definitely only had 6 of them in inventory. Tried everything...leaving the area...switching sessions...even tried dynamiting the spot since someone online said they fixed it that way. No luck. Turns out the only fix is to sell an entire coin collection. Annoying fix as I now have to grab 14 other coins again, but it worked. 

Not sure if this glitch effects any other collectibles, but if so, sell a set and try again.

• Like 2

Nevermind on that fix. Seems it's only temporary. Replaced all the coins I sold until I got to the that quarter and same exact B.S., glitched out on me again tonight. Apparently I'm now only allowed 6 of them lol. Need 11 other pieces to have 10 of every single collectible except those damn quarters, which should set off some serious OCD anger. Stupidest glitch I've seen in any game.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, Pags said:

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but figured I'd share anyway.

With the recent lack of animals, and being rank 330+ with 550 gold and $115K I had to find some incentive to play for more than a quick daily, so I decided to max out all 140 collections(figured it can't hurt to be sitting on about $45K and 210,000 experience lol). About 95% done, but for the past 4 days I've been unable to get the 1792 quarter(apparently a somewhat common glitch???). Map has the correct location, metal detector goes bezerk, but no dig prompts and I definitely only had 6 of them in inventory. Tried everything...leaving the area...switching sessions...even tried dynamiting the spot since someone online said they fixed it that way. No luck. Turns out the only fix is to sell an entire coin collection. Annoying fix as I now have to grab 14 other coins again, but it worked. 

Not sure if this glitch effects any other collectibles, but if so, sell a set and try again.

About one in four of my collector maps are currently leading me to blank locations - there's the yellow search area, but no collectible.  I only use them for dailies, but still - it's annoying.  Little stuff like that has halved my game time since Christmas.  Even let my dailies run lapse, was over 90.  Just don't have the patience at the moment for all the glitches.  Life's too short!

On 1/23/2020 at 1:02 AM, Pags said:

Nevermind on that fix. Seems it's only temporary. Replaced all the coins I sold until I got to the that quarter and same exact B.S., glitched out on me again tonight. Apparently I'm now only allowed 6 of them lol. Need 11 other pieces to have 10 of every single collectible except those damn quarters, which should set off some serious OCD anger. Stupidest glitch I've seen in any game.

There have been a number of stupid glitches in this game alone but this one it certainly up there. I keep hoping things like this get sorted but every fix they make breaks something else. I'd hate to be a Rockstar dev right now lol

After days of frustration and countless hours reading the posts of the plethora of people having the same issue with this one damn coin, I finally found the reason and the real fix. It seems the same genius programmer in charge of animal spawns must also work on the collectibles. The game cannot tell the difference between the 1792 quarter and the 1792 liberty quarter, so having 10 liberty quarters stops you from adding any of the non-liberty ones. Have to sell the liberty ones to pick up the regular ones. 

Blows my mind that this is a big issue affecting god knows how many people(just google rdr 1792 quarter glitch...pages and pages of bitching) with what I assume to be a really simple fix and yet they do nothing. I'm no programmer, but couldn't they just simply change the code for one of them to make the year 1793 instead?????? They certainly had no problem changing the locations/day cycles for most of the collectibles last big update.

• Like 1