Am I missing something? Am I playing wrong?

Question

I don't want to have to resort to using the internet to look up the locations of missions and requests from companions. One of the first I received, the Watson cabin home robbery, says that it's north of the town. But half the map is north of the town. After days of wandering around "north of the town" and failing to find the cabin, I caved in and used Google.

Are there other clues to the cabin's location did I miss? Or should I just go everywhere on the map and search every cabin?

6 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Parzival said:

It's almost directly north of Strawberry...

But it's nowhere near Strawberry. That's my point. Did I miss a clue that it was actually closer to Wallace Station? Are there any clues at all besides what was given in the home robbery tip? I don't want to have to resort to someone telling me where things are. I had hoped that more clues could be found in-game.

Edited by WacoTheKid

If you've uncovered the area on your map, it will be marked by a small white icon with a dollar sign ($). Truthfully, I've never gotten this home invasion mission because I always hit the location as early as I can to get the Browning A5 that can be found in the cellar.

I'm trying to tell you based on the given hints. Just get on that east-to-west road on the Little Creek River's north side and ride along it, the path that leads to the cabin is marked by a dotted line and is easily found.

Alternatively, if you still can't find it, just suck it up and click the spoiler below.

maxresdefault.jpg

Trust me, brah, there's so much hidden in this game that you practically need a guide to find some things. It's nothing to be ashamed of and no one here's going to rag on you about it. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I guess the best way to play is to pick a part of the map, ride down every road and trail, and check the maps. Also, luckily, I have found clues to local landmarks on posters in the train stations and post offices.  Found some treasure from those.