After 5 months of playing, we have some feedback...

jjmartyr

Well I've been playing RDO for about 5 months now, and I gotta say that overall, it's a damn good game.

My posse of 8 all started this game together, and we thought we would provide the devs some feedback based on what we've seen so far.

I'm sure all of this has been addressed before, but this is what our group thinks as new players.

I'll post most of these in question format:

• Why is PvP connected to PvE dailies? Shouldn't these be in separate categories? 3 of my posse members have no desire to PvP, so they have lost interest in trying to complete daily challenges.
  • How come the daily challenge rewards have been recently reduced? It is difficult and time consuming to complete all of them, why take away the treasure map rewards?
  • What is the point of turning into rabbits and deer? Shouldn't learning these animal aspects effect your own stats somehow? Rabbit = better dodging, Deer = better hopping obstacles, Boar = better tackles? These are very expensive and have no 'use.'
  • How come we can't upgrade wagons and customize them?  My group would much rather have this than turning into an opossum...
  • Why does the Halloween event require PvP? How come you have to split your posse, and compete with one another, in order to play together? This was a HUGE disappointment to 4 of our players.
  • How come there aren't more cooperative events in the game? So far, when all of us are on, the only thing we can do together as a group is delivery missions for the trader... shouldn't we have some 'big posse' content?
  • How come you can't be 'defensive' by default? Logging in should give you a bit of a chance to get situated before people are able to shoot you or throw dynamite on you. We actually had someone uninstall the other night due to this.
  • How come you can't sell items (like found consumables) to the general store, or the doctor?
  • How come the role missions have timers that are counter productive to daily challenges? E.G. You get a daily challenge to bring in multiple bounty targets, but you only get 11 minutes to complete it. You have to bola them, loot them, toss them in the wagon, AND get them back...there's no 'bonus time added' for completing stages of the mission, you can't take time to loot enemies, or ransack a house. Ultimately, it just creates an intense, 'high anxiety' vibe in the mission. Perhaps timers should just be for a cash bonus, and people that want to stealth trough a mission (and enjoy the game) shouldn't fail due to a different play style.

All in all, great game! Really wish there was less-forced PvP... most of my group are over the age of 30, and we actually play this game to relax...(believe it or not!) It really is a bummer that so much of the game involves high-anxiety competition.

I really don't mind PvP every once and a while, but it seems that these modes are pretty much shoved down your throat in this game.

That's our feedback so far!

Thanks for reading!

On 10/24/2020 at 2:40 AM, jjmartyr said:

Well I've been playing RDO for about 5 months now, and I gotta say that overall, it's a damn good game.

My posse of 8 all started this game together, and we thought we would provide the devs some feedback based on what we've seen so far.

I'm sure all of this has been addressed before, but this is what our group thinks as new players.

I'll post most of these in question format:

• Why is PvP connected to PvE dailies? Shouldn't these be in separate categories? 3 of my posse members have no desire to PvP, so they have lost interest in trying to complete daily challenges.
  • How come the daily challenge rewards have been recently reduced? It is difficult and time consuming to complete all of them, why take away the treasure map rewards?
  • What is the point of turning into rabbits and deer? Shouldn't learning these animal aspects effect your own stats somehow? Rabbit = better dodging, Deer = better hopping obstacles, Boar = better tackles? These are very expensive and have no 'use.'
  • How come we can't upgrade wagons and customize them?  My group would much rather have this than turning into an opossum...
  • Why does the Halloween event require PvP? How come you have to split your posse, and compete with one another, in order to play together? This was a HUGE disappointment to 4 of our players.
  • How come there aren't more cooperative events in the game? So far, when all of us are on, the only thing we can do together as a group is delivery missions for the trader... shouldn't we have some 'big posse' content?
  • How come you can't be 'defensive' by default? Logging in should give you a bit of a chance to get situated before people are able to shoot you or throw dynamite on you. We actually had someone uninstall the other night due to this.
  • How come you can't sell items (like found consumables) to the general store, or the doctor?
  • How come the role missions have timers that are counter productive to daily challenges? E.G. You get a daily challenge to bring in multiple bounty targets, but you only get 11 minutes to complete it. You have to bola them, loot them, toss them in the wagon, AND get them back...there's no 'bonus time added' for completing stages of the mission, you can't take time to loot enemies, or ransack a house. Ultimately, it just creates an intense, 'high anxiety' vibe in the mission. Perhaps timers should just be for a cash bonus, and people that want to stealth trough a mission (and enjoy the game) shouldn't fail due to a different play style.

All in all, great game! Really wish there was less-forced PvP... most of my group are over the age of 30, and we actually play this game to relax...(believe it or not!) It really is a bummer that so much of the game involves high-anxiety competition.

I really don't mind PvP every once and a while, but it seems that these modes are pretty much shoved down your throat in this game.

That's our feedback so far!

Thanks for reading!

good observations & I generally agree with all the points made - I would make 1 point though, that Kean generally makes but hasn't, so I just wanted to make sure you understood that this is a fan-site & is no way affiliated with R* & it is unlikely that any DEV would see your questions/suggestions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sigill MacFinn said:

good observations & I generally agree with all the points made - I would make 1 point though, that Kean generally makes but hasn't, so I just wanted to make sure you understood that this is a fan-site & is no way affiliated with R* & it is unlikely that any DEV would see your questions/suggestions.

Well thank you!

Is there a suggestions forum that I should be looking at?

21 hours ago, jjmartyr said:

Well thank you!

Is there a suggestions forum that I should be looking at?

The following is a page that has a link to R* Technical Support and their Feedback site.

On the feedback site, there is a 500 character limit from what I remember so it's advisable to perhaps break up your suggestions and submit piece meal.  Also, you'll need to understand that is is more of a suggestion box.  I would not expect a response but that doesn't mean they don't read the submissions.

R* doesn't have an official forum but please, feel free to continue to share and discuss your ideas here as well.  That's why the owner created this fan site.  

As for R* devs seeing anything that is posted here, they never have made their presence known if they have but then again, R* rarely does (if ever).   .....but it is common for game companies to have employees who comb through social media for feedback (e.g. Twitter, Reddit, fan forums, etc.).  A lot of companies do beyond gaming.