Patches & updates - total size?

CaisaVarg

Hey! 

After installing RDR2 (PS4) from the original install disc, how many GBs will be downloaded via the internet? In other words, what is the total size of all patches & updates?

Since I have a limited amount of GBs on my Wi-Fi connection, I need to know if I should install the game at a friends place.

Would be super thankful if anyone could help me!

Edited by CaisaVarg

I have no idea what the answer is to your question or even how to tell, but keep in mind that even if you knew the original game file size, you can't just see what the file size is now and deduce that the difference is the download size. 

Many times patches / updates will include redundant files that it will replace in the original download and/or previous patches.  .....and then there's the question if only the latest patch needs to be applied (making all others irrelevant) or if multiple ones still need to be loaded. 

I'll move this to the story mode forum since we're talking about offline. 

19 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I have no idea what the answer is to your question or even how to tell, but keep in mind that even if you knew the original game file size, you can't just see what the file size is now and deduce that the difference is the download size. 

Many times patches / updates will include redundant files that it will replace in the original download and/or previous patches.  .....and then there's the question if only the latest patch needs to be applied (making all others irrelevant) or if multiple ones still need to be loaded. 

I'll move this to the story mode forum since we're talking about offline. 

Okey, I understand. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

I’m actually going to play RDO, that’s why I placed it in that forum to begin with. But I guess it’s a question that is relevant in both!

Finally got a proper answer from Rockstar (lesson learned; the support chat is useless…)!

Thought I could share it here, if someone at some point is wondering the same thing:

At this time, the file size for RDR2, including Online only updates is roughly 150 GB. As such, after installing the game from the disc, your PS4 may need to download an additional 50-60 GB of data in order to play the game. This may vary, as some files are replaced and removed with updates and patches. As such, we do not have the exact size of the patches and updates after the initial launch of the game”

• 2 weeks later...