trapper vs wolves

the other day i was on my way to the trapper near riggs station when i noticed some wolves attacking him. i took care of them but it was too late, he ended up dead. so now i have some furs i can't sell. has anyone else had this before?

but the problem is, i went to the other location near owanjila lake, and he wasn't there either. does that mean hes dead for good? some time ago, when i killed him because i was pissed off with him, he kept coming back.

Have you tried his booth in St Denis? It sounds like a glitch to me, but if he's not in St Denis either, then you may have lost him for good. I got attacked by a grizzly while I was doing business with him, and he just stood there watching. I haven't seen any animals attack him and I've been playing and replaying the game for several years now. It could just be a fluke. If it persists then you may have to go back and start a whole new game. Or if you have an earlier save file where you won't lose much I would switch to that one. What platform are you playing on?

Have you tried waiting a few in-game days? All the times I've killed a shop owner, it results in his shop being closed for a few days. I'd know, I tend to shoot Herbet Moon ... a lot.

If you haven't already, I would definitely report this to Rockstar support. In the mean time, you can sell pelts to the butcher if you need to offload them.

Who's this herbet moon?
Anyway, the next time I played, I decided to check what was going on, and there he was. But when I walked up to him, he was pissed off with me. No good deed goes unpunished. If this happens again I'll watch the wolves eat him, then kill them.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, harry747 said:

Who's this herbet moon?
Anyway, the next time I played, I decided to check what was going on, and there he was. But when I walked up to him, he was pissed off with me. No good deed goes unpunished. If this happens again I'll watch the wolves eat him, then kill them.

This scene from RDR: Undead Nightmare should characterize him quite well for you.

Don't worry, the trapper (indeed, any shop owner you "kill") may chastise you for a time after, but you won't be prevented from doing business with him.