Rdr2 graphics blurry PS4 Pro

Ross101

What you guys don’t realize is that this happened with battlefield 1. Looked just like this...

they DID patch it. It did become clearer.

soo... it IS possible that a patch could improve it.

ive got it looking better... but it’s nauseating to play for long periods still.

this is NOT weak hardware... it’s a software issue.

i hope!

8 minutes ago, 0ldKen said:

What you guys don’t realize is that this happened with battlefield 1. Looked just like this...

they DID patch it. It did become clearer.

soo... it IS possible that a patch could improve it.

ive got it looking better... but it’s nauseating to play for long periods still.

this is NOT weak hardware... it’s a software issue.

i hope!

It seems to be getting worse the more I play

Rockstar Support has acknowledged that some Red Dead Redemption 2 players are facing blurring issues when playing the game and have said that a fix is in the works.

Members of our very own RDR2.org forums first posted about the issue several days ago just after launch and the thread has quickly filled with a number of complaints as well as evidence.

Is anyone else having issues on the PS4 Pro with blurry graphics. I am having issues on my PS4 Pro (I’m using a LG oled) and the middle to long distance graphics are terribly blurry. The strange thing is it seems to fix itself dependant on the time of the day

blur2-800x449.png

whenever I turn it seems to blur terribly and gives me a headache if I play too long. Going straight seems OK. So disappointing. Turning HDR off helped a little bit but none of the other settings seem to do anything. I hope they can patch this.

Many are blaming checkerboarding, a predictive technique of filling gaps with pixels similar to those next to them and also the process by which the PS4 Pro upscales the game from 1080p to 4K. It's also one of the reasons why the game looks best on Xbox One X.

I'm noticing the same thing. It's like the whole game is slightly out of focus. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable and I'm sometimes finding myself squinting.

This theory aligns with the fact that the issue only appears on PS4 Pro consoles and not the PS4 (which is limited to 1080p) or the Xbox One X (which renders 4K natively).

blur-response-800x499.jpg

One user managed to get a response from Rockstar Support who told them in response "Yes, we are hard at work fixing a few of the issue the community is facing".

We'll update you as we learn more, but in the meantime it appears there is little that can be done until a fix is released. You can follow along the discussion here.

The post Rockstar Acknowledges RDR2 Blurring Issue On PS4 Pro appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

Is there any chance this extreme blurriness getting fixed at all? 

I mean sure, Horizon, GoW and Spiderman look good on ps4 but these are ps exclusives.. They made these games just for playstation.

Although I never had a xbox and never thought I would, I’m playing with the idea of getting one. I just bought a 4K 55“ HDR TV and upgraded from base ps4 to pro for this game!

Like all of you I have the same issues.. I mean you can play it but there is just no way to enjoy it. It‘s like streaming a movie you waitet for so long on 480p: You‘re consuming the value but you do not enjoy it as you would in 1080p or 4K..

I knew the pro is not native 4K but I looked at GoW and Horizon on my base ps4 and 1080p display and thought: god damn, how is this going to look on an 4K TV with a pro?

Well Im disappointed of RDR2. Why is it such a big deal anyway? It‘s one of the biggest and best games made so far it‘s as simple as that.

And you would want to enjoy this no matter which platform you are on.

So I don‘t really care that much of the texture differences between the xbox x and ps4 pro. The xbox is superior of course but I thought not by this far everything gets blurry on the pro!?

So long text but what I acctually wanted to say is that I don‘t think they can patch this. It‘s  native or rendered, period.

Should I sell my new pro bundle and buy a xbox? But then I cannot play the last of us 2 and all the other exclusives.. Damn it‘s a first world problem and god will forgive me but this situation is really f***** up atm.

Guys, I don't know if it was posted earlier but you can temporary fix that by setting your ps4 pro to 1080p and turning off supersampling. That's how I'm playing it now because otherwise it gives me headache. 

And this is not a resolution issue or upscaling technique issue. It is caused by anti aliasing bugging with checkerboard rendering. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Godlike said:

Guys, I don't know if it was posted earlier but you can temporary fix that by setting your ps4 pro to 1080p and turning off supersampling. That's how I'm playing it now because otherwise it gives me headache. 

And this is not a resolution issue or upscaling technique issue. It is caused by anti aliasing bugging with checkerboard rendering. 

I just want the game crisp as spider man and god of war, i would like to disable motion blur too.

4 minutes ago, Avean said:

Recommending to change to 1080P..... im on a 4K OLED with Dolby Vision support and atmos speakers. I think i just cant hold back anymore, i think i will end up with an X at the end of the day :/

1080P will not fix it, the only thing we can do is share this everywhere and contact rockstar games support.

Edited by artur89

For now yes. When using forced 1080p it is still a bit blurry but much better than before. 

And don't link this to broken hdr. I don't have HDR because I'm using  laptop screen through HDMI IN and it still looks very blurry while other games are sharp and crisp.  HDR is broken on both platforms. 

Edited by Godlike

I thought I'm the only one notice it. I barely see NPC faces even at close distance (I use PS4 Pro and using 4K monitor). The checkerboard rendering isn't the issue here. At least give us the option to disable blur effects. Changing it to 1080p will only make it worse on 4K TV/Monitor.

I must need my eyes checked, because I have not notice this problem on my ps4 pro at all.... I'm not using HDR though ( my 4k TV doesn't have it) I mean sometimes the picture looks hazy  depending on the time of  day and weather, like early mornings look a bit hazy but I figure that was by design..     

I'm in the same boat, emailed rockstar support but no answer as of yet. Dissabled hdr that made no difference, turned my ps4 to 1080p and its alot clearer. I think it's the checkerboard upscaling and the post procceing effects like depth of field that are making it a fuzzy mess. Give us the option to turn off effects and run non upscaled at maybe 1440p.