BUT YOU CAN BUY GOLDBARS !!

john013

Afther playing 6 to 8 ours online a day. Me and my frends make jokes all day long.

The bad connection, yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.  

The glitches ,yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.

The frp's failing, yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.

The horse bonding lvl , yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.

The missing site missions, (disapers from map or just not working). yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.

The griefers and trolls in the game, yea but you can buy GOLDBARS.

So good job R* that we can buy GOLDBARS ??? Instead off fixing the game !!

1 hour ago, cory206 said:

You're the one playing 6-8 hours a day online with your friends, and if you're all making jokes all day long you must be in a good mood, so good job R* for that too. Just saying...

We didn't say we don't like the gameplay. Just saying how many work R* had to do for fixing the game so it's working beter. So we get sarc about it and jonking that WE CAN BUY GOLDBARS.  Just like tonight and this morning ,horse stir ups don't work horse get slower and drain go fast down. SO we laughing again and say YEA WE CAN BUY GOLDBARS. So R* lossing alot off respectif players for pve and real pvp players suck that autoiam mode , so i'm thinking R* failling. So what your thoughts about it ? So many folds in a game and just in a BETA so they say , but allready milk it out for selling goldbars ??

But john, the stuff you need GOLDBARS for is purely aesthetic, purely for the looks. Everything you need to get your better stirrups (and guns etc) you can do in the game and cost silver dollars, not gold. If you want a fancier hat or nicer-looking stirrups, that's where the gold comes in. The game's not "in a BETA so they say", it IS in a BETA, that's the point, it's not perfect, and it won't BE perfect, no game ever is, I know, I've been playing them since the 70s, but RDR2 is the best game yet and they're still improving it. No-one is forced to buy Gold, and it seems to me R* have spent more time giving gold AWAY since the launch, no one is being milked and no-one is milking.

I got a lovely blouse with some of my gold and it made me very happy. The thrill didn't last long of course and I was back at the dress shop before long...

Milk what?  The game is in beta.  The MTX system is like any other component one would add in a beta to test and fine tune.  Makes sense to me as a company to get it in place and get it working properly before implementing other gameplay components.  ......especially right before Christmas.

.....and as Cory said, most are cosmetic and some items in the catalogue are already locked behind gold bars that some folks want.  Like it or not, there are plenty of gold bars being sold and this MTX system is what is going to sustain RDO (hopefully) into the distant future.

Believe me, they are not pushing everything else aside by implementing gold bars now.  It's the holidays so I wouldn't expect the next update until after New Years but I would expect things to ramp up rather quickly after that. 

Also, this week is going to be another big stress test on their servers so that could be another reason they are holding off on introducing more gameplay components to the game right now.  

Edited by Kean_1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, cory206 said:

But john, the stuff you need GOLDBARS for is purely aesthetic, purely for the looks. Everything you need to get your better stirrups (and guns etc) you can do in the game and cost silver dollars, not gold. If you want a fancier hat or nicer-looking stirrups, that's where the gold comes in. The game's not "in a BETA so they say", it IS in a BETA, that's the point, it's not perfect, and it won't BE perfect, no game ever is, I know, I've been playing them since the 70s, but RDR2 is the best game yet and they're still improving it. No-one is forced to buy Gold, and it seems to me R* have spent more time giving gold AWAY since the launch, no one is being milked and no-one is milking.

I got a lovely blouse with some of my gold and it made me very happy. The thrill didn't last long of course and I was back at the dress shop before long...

Yep i'm an old player to (started with a commendor 64). But have not said it's pay to win (it whas but it's changed quik). About the stirups it whas not working ,had the stirups on my horse but the tunning off the horse part didn't work in the server sudently (server bad i think because jumpt to other server and it workt again).  But in my opinion iff you fix that you can buy goldbars before fixing game folds yep then R* try to make more money off it, thats my comment about it. I think thats wrong way off working and yes i call it milking it out. And in my opinion they shouldn't be any part off selling off goldbars in a BETA. First start up the complete game ,then sell goldbars to ppl. It's just ripping off ppl off there money.    ( have bought a nice outfit and have made my wapons look good for the given goldbars)

But the point is it says it on the box - BETA, nothing guaranteed. It also *asks* for you to feedback to R* any issues. So coming in here and posting like that is a bit pointless and has the look of trolling. You know how to enjoy the game, I bet your outfit looked great, so get on and enjoy it 🙂

52 minutes ago, john013 said:

Yep i'm an old player to (started with a commendor 64). But have not said it's pay to win (it whas but it's changed quik). About the stirups it whas not working ,had the stirups on my horse but the tunning off the horse part didn't work in the server sudently (server bad i think because jumpt to other server and it workt again).  But in my opinion iff you fix that you can buy goldbars before fixing game folds yep then R* try to make more money off it, thats my comment about it. I think thats wrong way off working and yes i call it milking it out. And in my opinion they shouldn't be any part off selling off goldbars in a BETA. First start up the complete game ,then sell goldbars to ppl. It's just ripping off ppl off there money.    ( have bought a nice outfit and have made my wapons look good for the given goldbars)

I'm old too.  .....still think I have my C64 in one of my closets somewhere.  ;)

Couple things though...  RDO was never pay to win.  There were some items like the insurance for some horses only being available for gold but that changed after the first week.  The weapons and such were never locked behind the MTX system.  When the store went live, I believe it was after that anyhow so it's really a moot point.

It's not a rip off because there is no requirement to buy them.  I provided a couple good examples of why they might release the gold bar system now and sure, it has to do with having the system in place ready to make money even at this early stage.  Just because there is a lack of content at the moment doesn't mean squat IMO.  It simply means less people may not be interested in purchasing MTXs so it only behooves the company to get more gameplay content out there to get more people playing and spark interest in buying Gold Bars.  

RDR2 is a GaaS model just like GTAVO.  Personally, R* creates one of the better ones out there IMO because weapons and such are not locked behind paywalls.  .....and R* made it point to reiterate that any items locked behind Gold Bars will be cosmetic only.  Plus, players can still earn gold in game without buying it.  Yeah it's a grind to do so, but it's at least possible.  .....and then R* also throws in freebies from time to time just like they do in GTA.

Like it or not, the MTX system is an integral part of the whole GaaS model and it makes sense (to me) why they would want to make sure it is in place and working now rather than later.   ......but beyond all that, if someone doesn't like it, they simply don't have to buy into it.  I guess I just don't see the dilemma here.  More regular content and updates are coming after the holidays (if not sooner) as R* already stated.

• Like 1