Posse Questions

zendon71

Does anyone know if a permanent posse can do missions when the leader is not online? Like, assign a temp leader or something like that? Or can the leader be switched?

I've got a good 6-7 person group to play with and would like us all to play in 1 posse, but it's not always the same 6-7.   Can you easily remove a member who isn't online to add another one?

Also, can member leave a permanent posse at their leisure to jump in a temp one if they have a different group of friends to play with? Can the leader do that as well, or does the leader need to stay in the permanent posse. 

Thanks!

No. The posse is not active when the leader is not online. You or the other posse members have to form your own persistent or temporary posse. Posse leaders can delete members to make room for new ones should  they wish. You can be a member of multiple  posses at the same time, just being active in one at a time.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

No. The posse is not active when the leader is not online. You or the other posse members have to form your own persistent or temporary posse.

I was afraid that was the answer... silly

I'm assuming regular members can leave and then be invited back any time, so they can just start their own posse when the perma posse leader is offline?

But what about the perma posse leader? I also assume he cannot temporarily leave his posse to play with another without disbanding his own posse and losing the $200?

Like I said, you can be a posse leader and be a member of multiple other posses. If you as a leader want to hop over to another posse that's active, just stand down(NOT DISBAND, stand down deactivates, disband deletes) your posse and join theirs if you are already a member or wait for an invite if you aren't. Also, keep in mind that in addition to having up to 4 active members for a small camp/temporary posse and up to 7 for a large camp/persistent posse, there's a limit to the total number of invitations a leader can send out. I think it's  around 11. When you hit that limit, you have to delete somebody to send out another invite.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Like I said, you can be a posse leader and be a member of multiple other posses. If you as a leader want to hop over to another posse that's active, just stand down(NOT DISBAND, stand down deactivates, disband deletes) your posse and join theirs if you are already a member or wait for an invite if you aren't. Also, keep in mind that in addition to having up to 4 active members for a small camp/temporary posse and up to 7 for a large camp/persistent posse, there's a limit to the total number of invitations a leader can send out. I think it's  around 11. When you hit that limit, you have to delete somebody to send out another invite.

gotcha… very helpful. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

No. The posse is not active when the leader is not online. You or the other posse members have to form your own persistent or temporary posse. Posse leaders can delete members to make room for new ones should  they wish. You can be a member of multiple  posses at the same time, just being active in one at a time.

Great answer.  Did not know that.

Seems like a lot of unnecessary work for an oversight in the programming logic.  After all, what "gang" or "posse" doesn't have lieutenants or "#2's" to handle things when the big boss is not around.  Hell, Arthur is pretty autonomous in RDR2's story line, but our creations are mindless fools? 

12 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I had no idea I could join more than one. Thanks for the information man! Knowing this will make it easier to pick and choose posses according to the times the leaders can be online. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

I had no idea I could join more than one. Thanks for the information man! Knowing this will make it easier to pick and choose posses according to the times the leaders can be online. 

Yeah, I myself am a persistent posse leader as well as a member to a few other posses.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, zendon71 said:

I was afraid that was the answer... silly

I'm assuming regular members can leave and then be invited back any time, so they can just start their own posse when the perma posse leader is offline?

But what about the perma posse leader? I also assume he cannot temporarily leave his posse to play with another without disbanding his own posse and losing the $200?

you can stand down.... just don't click the disband feature in the setting menu... That will make you delete your posse and waster 200 bucks

• Like 1