Do plants respawn after a while.

Foxtrot

Question

In my previous play through, I had huge problems in finding blackberries for predator bait and the herbalist challenges. 

In my second play, I found a couple of bushes real close to camp. I made the mistake of eating them, thinking that would start the challenge (like a fool, I forgot that the first rank is six yarrow)

So a couple of game days later, I went back to find more, only to find that I couldn’t find any. 

When you pick plants, are they gone for good? Or do I need to wait longer for them to regrow?

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

When you pick plants, are they gone for good? Or do I need to wait longer for them to regrow?

You just have to wait a bit longer. Should only take a few days. Figured that out collecting the exotics. The plants would respawn before the birds would come back.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

In my previous play through, I had huge problems in finding blackberries for predator bait and the herbalist challenges. 

In my second play, I found a couple of bushes real close to camp. I made the mistake of eating them, thinking that would start the challenge (like a fool, I forgot that the first rank is six yarrow)

So a couple of game days later, I went back to find more, only to find that I couldn’t find any. 

they respawn.  not sure what the timer is.  I'd pick what i could find for the exotics and herbalist challenges, then go do a mission or 2 or hunt for a few days and they'd be back.

• Thanks 1

I've since learned that plants take a really long time to respawn.  I made a point of taking a look at a spot I picked currants from earlier in the game a lot later (game weeks later) and they still weren't there.

I since learned not to bother waiting for them to come back - just find another spot where that species is.

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

I've since learned that plants take a really long time to respawn.  I made a point of taking a look at a spot I picked currants from earlier in the game a lot later (game weeks later) and they still weren't there.

I since learned not to bother waiting for them to come back - just find another spot where that species is.

if you're talking gold currants they spawn quickly near the broken down fort west of Van Horn.  that was my go to area when i needed them for crafting for hte herbalist challenge.  pick them, go to west elizabeth, hunt for a couple days in game, go back and pick them all.  took me like 5 trips to get all that was needed for the crafting, 30 herbs i think it was or close to that.

For me, it was the ones near Fort Brennand.  I also had issues near the Overlook camp.  I recalled that I found some berries near there and when back many game-days afterwards to pick something for a challenge, only to see them not there any more.

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

For me, it was the ones near Fort Brennand.  I also had issues near the Overlook camp.  I recalled that I found some berries near there and when back many game-days afterwards to pick something for a challenge, only to see them not there any more.

Yeah i had a hell of a time finding berries for the challenges. It's like they were on a round robin spawner for their locations.

Edited by Kormath