Jump to content
  • 0

Standard Edition


Pup
 Share

Question

I would like to say hello to everyone as I am the new guy here. I have played  RDR,RDR1,undead nightmare and now working on RDR2. I’m really enjoying the game so far. I only have one question and it really doesn’t pertain to gameplay (that will be later) but more for my curiosity. My wonderful wife decided to buy me a copy of RDR2, here’s the interesting part to me. Its a steelcased standard edition as far as I can tell, it has a steel case and an actual map but no bonus codes of any kind. The thing that has me wondering, I thought only special editions and ultimate editions came in a steel case . From the research I have done I have not found a steel cased standard edition, this was a brand new factory sealed game. Hopefully someone who knows more about the editions can help me with an answer. I really appreciate any and all help I receive, and thanks for letting me join.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Youre not really missing out on much by not having any of the special editions, so just enjoy it!

Unless she paid extra for a special edition that is missing content.

@Pup why don't you just ask her what she bought?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, Pup said:

I would like to say hello to everyone as I am the new guy here. I have played  RDR,RDR1,undead nightmare and now working on RDR2. I’m really enjoying the game so far. I only have one question and it really doesn’t pertain to gameplay (that will be later) but more for my curiosity. My wonderful wife decided to buy me a copy of RDR2, here’s the interesting part to me. Its a steelcased standard edition as far as I can tell, it has a steel case and an actual map but no bonus codes of any kind. The thing that has me wondering, I thought only special editions and ultimate editions came in a steel case . From the research I have done I have not found a steel cased standard edition, this was a brand new factory sealed game. Hopefully someone who knows more about the editions can help me with an answer. I really appreciate any and all help I receive, and thanks for letting me join.

little online searching, all i can find for steel boxes are the collectors box (map, bandana, coin, puzzle, cards, but no game included) box is a tithing box (piggy bank like hole in top). 

The only other steel box i can find online is the Steelbook, only available through GameStop but it's the Ultimate Edition, game discs, physical map and the steel book are included for PS4.

I'd go with @Truth's suggestion and ask your wife to be sure.

Edited by Kormath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Well, I know she bought it at Walmart, after doing a little more research it looks like Walmart had an exclusive deal for these games. But even reading through Walmarts description it does not state whether its a standard, special or ultimate. By looking at the price I have seen of $59.99 almost tells me that it is a standard edition. But I'm happy either way, I definitely don't want to start asking too many questions or my wife will probably think I don't like it, so I definitely don't want to hurt her feelings if I can help it. I just hope that people realize from what little info I have found, even though you have a steelbook game with physical map doesn't mean you have any special edition. But if anyone knows more please let me know, its just my curiosity is getting the best of me. I appreciate all the help so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@Pup If this is the one you're referring to, it's a standard edition. Nothing there mentions a map, but I'd assume that's part of the "Walmart exclusive". Still pretty cool though, more of a collectible than mine is lol

image.png.736cb98389eb8402a151de94579c65e7.png

The special editions proudly display that information right on the front:

image.png.3a9b44035291b31027e850b7da45d1a9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Pup If this is the one you're referring to, it's a standard edition. Nothing there mentions a map, but I'd assume that's part of the "Walmart exclusive". Still pretty cool though, more of a collectible than mine is lol

image.png.736cb98389eb8402a151de94579c65e7.png

The special editions proudly display that information right on the front:

image.png.3a9b44035291b31027e850b7da45d1a9.png

Yeah, mine is definitely the top image, I think its cool and I do have a map which is a bonus. Luckily for me, this is one series of games my wife actually likes. I played red dead revolver and started rdr on PlayStation, after I got married I switched sides and went to the Xbox 360 and finished rdr and gun and undead nightmare. Her one and only good comment about any games are when I played gun and rdr........she said I really liked watching you play this game. So when I heard about rdr2 coming out I put a bug in her ear and on Christmas morning it unfolded to be an Xbox one s rdr2 and mud runner American wilds. If I can only fix the blurry picture quality then I would be the happiest guy out there, of course, I dare not say a word around her lol... It almost broke her heart when I turned it on and had to do an update, where I live I cannot get internet or cell service, so here I was with my phone as a hotspot in the window standing on one leg and praying that I could complete everything to play. Somehow the winds where in my favor and I'm at the end of chapter 2. I don't care if it does or doesn't say special or ultimate edition because I got the wife edition lmao

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 minutes ago, Pup said:

If I can only fix the blurry picture

When I upgraded to the xbox one x, I had to adjust some settings on my tv to get it to display in 4k. There might be another setting on the xbox itself, but start with the tv.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2016/08/02/xbox-one-s-4k-hdr/

The game uses motion blur, so it will always be kind of blurry when you ride at higher speeds.

14 minutes ago, Pup said:

I don't care if it does or doesn't say special or ultimate edition because I got the wife edition lmao

Either you really love your wife, or she was watching you type that lol

 

Now that I think about it, my copy might have come with a map as well... I vaguely remember glancing at it while waiting for the game to install, but I might be mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...