Griefers

Mark4407

I really don’t understand what you lot get out of needlessly killing others, Shooting hunters in the back whilst they are at the butcher then you jump sessions.

it cannot surely be xp as you can earn far more hunting, fishing or story missions 

Why don’t you enter the showdown series where killing other players are what it’s about ? Why persist on killing players that have no quarrel or even want to even retaliate

Cmon any griefers on here have your say tell us what you get from because I don’t understand why you do or is it true that you really are young kids with no idea 

Edited by Mark4407

I wouldn’t call my posse griefers, however, we do set up camp just outside of blackwater and use blackwater as our base of operations. With that being said, we don’t allow anyone into our town unless a pass is requested via game chat. Mainly for fear of random players interrupting our fishing and other activities we do in the area. So yes we tend to shoot first and ask questions later for ANYONE who enters blackwater.... IT'S THE WILD WEST.... IF WE WANNA TAKEOVER A TOWN, THEN SO BE IT!!!

IMG_7225.jpg

Edited by mizzymiz7
  • Like 1

......this is a recruitment sub-forum.  This topic would be better suited for the general forum.

With that aside, I don't get these threads asking griefers to explain their actions.  It's obvious why they do it and even if it isn't, discussions like these only end up being toxic because trolls will be trolls whether that's in a game or in a forum.  There are already a couple example of this.

Maybe they like provoking people?  Maybe they can't stand other people having fun? Maybe they like the power they feel in the game (perhaps due to a lack of control they feel over their own lives)?  Maybe they got (or still get) bullied and want to take it out on someone? 

It's all really a moot point as the result is the same.  .....they will grief and like doing it regardless of the reason.

IMO your best bet is to continue to share your feedback with R* and find a group of friends you can play with.  ....speaking of which, R* has already mentioned that new anti-griefing measures are incoming so we'll have to see how that helps the gameplay.  If you need someone to join up with, look me up.  I'm on PS4 as well and have a PSN Community (along with a Posse here).  Just folks looking to play co-op with others and protect one another from griefers.  

I would also encourage you to block and report players who troll you.  The block function works through the PSN option and the report feature is within the game itself (there is one for "disruptive behavior").  Since I've been blocking people, I have yet to come across someone I have already added to my list so I'll continue to do it until I find it doesn't work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

......this is a recruitment sub-forum.  This topic would be better suited for the general forum.

With that aside, I don't get these threads asking griefers to explain their actions.  It's obvious why they do it and even if it isn't, discussions like these only end up being toxic because trolls will be trolls whether that's in a game or in a forum.  There are already a couple example of this.

Maybe they like provoking people?  Maybe they can't stand other people having fun? Maybe they like the power they feel in the game (perhaps due to a lack of control they feel over their own lives)?  Maybe they got (or still get) bullied and want to take it out on someone? 

It's all really a moot point as the result is the same.  .....they will grief and like doing it regardless of the reason.

IMO your best bet is to continue to share your feedback with R* and find a group of friends you can play with.  ....speaking of which, R* has already mentioned that new anti-griefing measures are incoming so we'll have to see how that helps the gameplay.  If you need someone to join up with, look me up.  I'm on PS4 as well and have a PSN Community (along with a Posse here).  Just folks looking to play co-op with others and protect one another from griefers.  

I would also encourage you to block and report players who troll you.  The block function works through the PSN option and the report feature is within the game itself (there is one for "disruptive behavior").  Since I've been blocking people, I have yet to come across someone I have already added to my list so I'll continue to do it until I find it doesn't work.

Posted via mobile and its hard to find correct area I thought i was in correct are also only just joined and mobile layout is diff to pc layout 

Mods please feel free to move to correct area 

6 hours ago, mizzymiz7 said:

I wouldn’t call my posse griefers, however, we do set up camp just outside of blackwater and use blackwater as our base of operations. With that being said, we don’t allow anyone into our town unless a pass is requested via game chat. Mainly for fear of random players interrupting our fishing and other activities we do in the area. So yes we tend to shoot first and ask questions later for ANYONE who enters blackwater.... IT'S THE WILD WEST.... IF WE WANNA TAKEOVER A TOWN, THEN SO BE IT!!!

IMG_7225.jpg

Unfortunately i have chat ingame switched off can't stand hearing all the music and sh...t that other players spam out all the time 

But surely 1 player riding into town loaded with pelts isnt a threat to you and your posse, if came at your posse then fine but why kill needlessly and why carry on chasing and killing when they ride off away from you, Ive had a full posse do this first one player kills me 3 times, I then use parley but then another member starts and so on I end up spending more time reloading into new lobbies than i do playing the game and then finaly just shut it down because session have been ruined yet again 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mark4407 said:

Unfortunately i have chat ingame switched off can't stand hearing all the music and sh...t that other players spam out all the time 

But surely 1 player riding into town loaded with pelts isnt a threat to you and your posse, if came at your posse then fine but why kill needlessly and why carry on chasing and killing when they ride off away from you, Ive had a full posse do this first one player kills me 3 times, I then use parley but then another member starts and so on I end up spending more time reloading into new lobbies than i do playing the game and then finaly just shut it down because session have been ruined yet again 

......and if they have that much control over an area, there is no need to be jerks and start killing people simply for coming into town to do their trading, shopping, etc.  Just another form of griefing IMO.

I've run with full 7 person posses and we don't do that nor do we find the need to. People tend to leave us alone and those that don't soon find out they should have.

Edited by Kean_1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark4407 said:

For the record, we don’t go chasing ppl down outside of town or that are leaving town, but we’ve seen several occasions early on where ppl appear friendly and then as soon as u turn ur back they wanna lasso u. That’s why we protect our territory the way we do. As we spend a lot of time fishing outside of blackwater 

IMG_7225.jpg

I hunt and do stranger missions mainly , and mind my own business . I never shoot first , but will hunt them relentlessly if they shoot at me. I have been attacked for no reason or in a mission and it frustrates me but ultimately it's part of the fun , my heart beats faster and the game gets more intense and it's part of the game. Outlaws are not nice people lol and I see my guy as a bounty hunter type and enjoy hunting them down and think it's all part of the fun some people just take it too serious imo

4 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

@Kean_1 there is already a griefer measure in place. If you "report" the player, Rockstar asks what type (of 4)  activity occurred and specifically, in writing, mentions griefing,  regards it as offensive behavior for disrupting the normal gameplay of others. 

Make sure you report them to Xbox thru their gamercard  as well. That will prevent you from being put into lobbies with them in most cases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

@Kean_1 there is already a griefer measure in place. If you "report" the player, Rockstar asks what type (of 4)  activity occurred and specifically, in writing, mentions griefing,  regards it as offensive behavior for disrupting the normal gameplay of others. 

Yeah, I know.  ......which is why I suggested folks us the report feature.

However, the anti griefing measures I speak of are what R* have announced will be implemented in a future update since they acknowledged the issue. 

Reporting players is fine but griefing is still an issue they have received many complaints about and I for one am glad they are looking to add something to the gameplay to address it.

Edited by Kean_1

10 hours ago, The Cisco Kid said:

That's hilarious report them ? You telling on Rockstar or Sony that outlaws are killing you heheh he dragged me a mile with his lasso I was just fishing minding my own business lol. Nobody likes a tattle tale and snitches get stitches 😛

The feature is included by R*'s and is in the report menu.  Disruptive behavior is specifically included.  Griefing is also one of R*'s biggest subjects of feedback they have received and they will be introducing anti-griefing measures as a result.  ....so yes, of course I would encourage folks to make their voice heard by sending feedback, reporting trollish behavior and blocking abusive players.  

R* created RDO as a PvE and PvP experience (not PvP only).  R* is also interested in taking a balanced approach to RDO which is all that really matters in my book.  

Like I said I'm not a griefer , I will interrupt jobs , and it frustrates ... I understand if they are using slurs etc on the mic ... it can be taken too far . I try n just have fun , the worst thing happened to me I was hunting and skinning a deer and two dudes ran me over in a wagon and one guy held me down while the other guy stabbed me like 3x for no reason . But just went back to hunting a few minutes later ... another posse had me pinned at my home base and brought me my own dead body with all the parts severed I only recognized my belt buckle because they burnt it as well but I don't let it bother me

13 hours ago, The Cisco Kid said:

brought me my own dead body with all the parts severed I only recognized my belt buckle because they burnt it as well but I don't let it bother me

Proof-Positive that one with more than a few lights out in the old marquee [nut job]  can buy a game and go online. 🤯

• Kean_1 locked this topic