Black estate boss hat location?

Minimoni

Ok, I feel really stupid since the answer here is probably easier than I have made it out to be. Anyway, on my main save I have some cool looking outfits that I am quite proud of. But then I played a little on my alternative save and realized that I have a “black estate boss hat” with my alt character. Since I have more or less done all challenges on the main and I am almost through with the games story in my alt, there is no way I will just switch the alt save and use it as my main since I will never do the challenges again. At least not sober as many of them was horribly boring.

In any case, the black estate hat lock so awesome so I absolutely want it for my main save character! So is there any nice fan of the game out there with the knowledge and inclination to help a fellow outlaw to find where to buy or steal the estate boss black hat?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Never seen that link before, but I'm glad I opened it. I may or may not be stealing that from you lmfao

lol it's been around a long time.   They dumbed it down some over the years.  Used to be you'd put in your search subject, then the link for the result you wanted and it made a small video of typing in your search then clicking the link for you in the results.

• Like 1

There's an even better hat that's similar, but more refined; the Nevada Hat, which is FREE, as it's a collectible, and it's in an easy to access location.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.c7b3b5c5a58629ee83ad98ccaaf1ee30.jpeg

Not a pic of me, just one I found on online, but it completes the "Lawman" look that I like for my single player experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kormath said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RDR2+estate+boss+hat+vendor

Hide contents

Tailor in Saint Denis

I have googled the hell out of it and no, the tailor in st Denis does not sell it. At least not in the “Estate Boss hat” page. And try to google where the hat is using the link or not, the answers will not make you find one.  I have finished the story three times and on my main save I have an almost 100% completion, I know where they sell estate boss hats. But I can not find where they sell the black one whom I by mistake found that I had on one of my save throughs and not the other. 

So please just answer if you have something that actually answers the question. 

Edited by Minimoni

4 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

There's an even better hat that's similar, but more refined; the Nevada Hat, which is FREE, as it's a collectible, and it's in an easy to access location.

Hide contents

image.jpeg.c7b3b5c5a58629ee83ad98ccaaf1ee30.jpeg

Not a pic of me, just one I found on online, but it completes the "Lawman" look that I like for my single player experience.

I love that hat and I know the location where to find it. But the black estate boss makes my protagonist look like Cullen Bohannon and I find that to be awesome. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Minimoni said:

I love that hat and I know the location where to find it. But the black estate boss makes my protagonist look like Cullen Bohannon and I find that to be awesome. 

I actually found the black estate boss hat on someone I killed in a gunfight in Lemyone back during Chapter 2.  I said, "Howdy" and he made a derogatory comment, so I  pulled him off his horse with a lasso and shot him in a very uncomfortable place (no, not the back of a Volkswagen).  Then the hat started glowing on the ground, and I was all, "cool, free hat". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I actually found the black estate boss hat on someone I killed in a gunfight in Lemyone back during Chapter 2.  I said, "Howdy" and he made a derogatory comment, so I  pulled him off his horse with a lasso and shot him in a very uncomfortable place (no, not the back of a Volkswagen).  Then the hat started glowing on the ground, and I was all, "cool, free hat". 

I think I found the place to buy it. It can not be purchased as a single item but it seems to belong with “The Valentine” outfit. I will see if that is correct on Thursday when I can travel back home from work. 

17 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I often kill people for hats, helps get me closer to the full red honor.  If i notice i'm not wearing a hat the next person that rides by with a hat i like or haven't remembered wearing is dead :)  I've collected numerous hats this way.

• Like 2

Used to love sending that auto google to people who asked me stupid questions. I pissed some people off and yet somehow, others were still trying to ask me. lol

On 1/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, Kormath said:

I often kill people for hats, helps get me closer to the full red honor.  If i notice i'm not wearing a hat the next person that rides by with a hat i like or haven't remembered wearing is dead :)  I've collected numerous hats this way.

I am too an avid hat collector. Kind of makes me sound like some kind of weird old western serial killer though.