Private lobbies

Diss

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks Yoda. Didn't they bring in private lobbies on GTAO though? I know they have in RDRO. It would seem strange to me that they won't eventually in RDR2O. I remember enjoying giving griefers the middle finger in a lobby setting where they couldn't shoot you on GTAO. Something like that with RDR2 would be ok. I'm willing to bide my time until they bring this in and if they don't I can live with it, I didn't buy the game for the online element, so can take it or leave it.

Edited by Diss

25 minutes ago, Diss said:

Thanks Yoda. Didn't they bring in private lobbies on GTAO though? I know they have in RDRO. It would seem strange to me that they won't eventually in RDR2O. I remember enjoying giving griefers the middle finger in a lobby setting where they couldn't shoot you on GTAO. Something like that with RDR2 would be ok. I'm willing to bide my time until they bring this in and if they don't I can live with it, I didn't buy the game for the online element, so can take it or leave it.

GTA did get private lobbies, but there was some jobs you just couldn't do unless it was public servers.  Players learned away around that that.  Passive mode was a joke, cause some players would wait for you to drive or fly by and they switch from passive to public and poof! they shoot you in the back then switch back.

@Diss

No one can say for sure either way.  The fact they have not so far is no indication that they never will. 

This is a beta and as such, it makes sense to me that they would hold off on the introduction of certain components (like other modes / features) until they can deliver a solid foundation to build on.  It also makes sense to me that they would not want to break up sessions so that they could stress test the servers especially over the holidays.  

Just so you are aware, there was information uncovered my data miners back in October regarding placeholders, etc. in the app that pointed to several currently unannounced features that may be arriving at some point.  .....including “private sessions” and “seamless PvE (player vs. environment).”  

There were also placeholders for vehicles and properties.  R*'s last update to the community mentioned anti-griefing measures being worked on as a result of community feedback.  

....so I would suggest you breath easy as there is a lot more to come even though we not sure what all of that might be.  You're right that invite-only sessions were a part of GTAVO and personally, I hope they include them in RDO as well (with a few modifications).

The good news is that griefing is nowhere near the level of GTA and it appears R* is willing to do something about the current problem.  I would also suggest that you add your suggestions / feedback on the site they have provided:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=addb2b0b

The community input is very valuable at this point in development and they are at least listening.  

• Like 1