Kormath

Kormath

Can you tell i don't look at much but the RDR2 forum?  been here for 2+ months and finally made it to the off topic part :D

So.. me...  

Born and raised a redneck in Idaho.  Grew up in a tiny town in the mountains (elevation 6000+ ft)  I could walk to the river and fish, ride my bike up the hills and hunt, spend many winter weekends in snow caves "camping" in the mountains around the town.  Loved it and i love going back to visit where i grew up.  Parents still live there, it's just over an hour away from me now.  Pretty much everything is an hour (or more) from here lol.  

I graduated high school in 93, moved south 2 hours from home and made an attempt at college.  But the college schedule and the party schedule had to many conflicts. So like a lot of stupid 18 yr olds i chose to party instead.  LIved in that college town for about 15 years.  During that time i had numerous jobs, construction work, factory work, retail jobs, etc. until i found my niche with computers.  That's all my parents fault BTW,  we had our fist home computer in 83.  Was always a hobby of mine building computers, fixing them, fixing my friend's/family's computers.  So in 2003 i bit the bullet and went to work for Dell.  Thought i'd hate having my hobby as a job, but i loved it, and still do.  Got a new job, well new 7 years ago, and moved an hour north of the college town, so i'm only an hour from my parents now, working in IT at an engineering consultant firm.  I just (a year ago, but i'm still so new to this position i squeak) got promoted to system admin/application support, so i get to support our internal servers and home-grown programs.  

I've always been a gaming addict.  Got the NES console for christmas just after it came out when i was 10, had every console from nintendo and Sega (my brother had Sega) up through the game cube and saturn, we skipped the sega pico and 32x though, as the 32x was just an add on to the genesis and the pico was for kids.  From the game cube/saturn i switched to Sony,  gott the PS1 and loved it.  Used to have acid parties and play Wipeout on the PS1 at my friends house all night long.  Then we'd spin it up in the afternoon and sit there dumbfounded at the track records we were able to set.  Couldn't get no where near those when sober lol.

I was a Sony fan up through the PS3, then decided to try the Xbox 360 when my PS3 crashed.  Never looked back, been an Xbox fan since and now have 2 XBox one S systems.  One downstairs to control the media center and mine in my room.  

So there's my rambling topic jumping history.  My son is an avid gamer like I am, he just joined Job Corps and found he could take his Xbox there to play in the off hours.  Just the one kid, no wife anymore, they all seemed to interfere with my games lol.  So now i'm home alone with just the dog and RDR2,  i'm happy :D

Edited by Kormath
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kormath said:

I could walk to the river and fish, ride my bike up the hills and hunt, spend many winter weekends in snow caves "camping" in the mountains around the town.

Why would you leave?!?!

On 1/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kormath said:

Used to have acid parties and play Wipeout

SSB on the N64 gets REAL crazy. I can only imagine how much more intense the new one would be... Haven't had any of that around in a few years now.

Not that I've really looked...

Edited by Truth

On 1/9/2019 at 4:23 PM, Kormath said:

ride my bike up the hills and hunt

How the hell are you going to carry an elk or moose back down the mountain on a bike?

That's all my parents fault BTW,  we had our fist home computer in 83.  Was always a hobby of mine building computers, fixing them, fixing my friend's/family's computers. 

And I'd be willing to bet your family still calls you from time to time for help with computers.  Us "folks of a certain age" who grew up when the first wave of home computers became ubiquitous will be answering questions from family members for a few more decades.

I've always been a gaming addict.  Got the NES console for christmas just after it came out when i was 10, had every console from nintendo and Sega (my brother had Sega) up through the game cube and saturn, we skipped the sega pico and 32x though, as the 32x was just an add on to the genesis and the pico was for kids.  From the game cube/saturn i switched to Sony,  gott the PS1 and loved it.

It's like reading my own autobiography, but mine has less acid and more home-made pyrotechnics.  Though I did have the 32X instead of a gamecube.