Terminate parlay??

madfretter

Had something weird happen with the parlay system. We were getting trolled and got bored of trolling back so we started a parlay and went about our business. About a minute later my friend got a message saying the parlay had ended and the player shot him. Just after that I got the same message that the parlay ended and he came after me too, I shot him though. Parlay lasts 10 minutes right?  Anyone else seen this? I reported this to R* and Xbox for hacking.

1 minute ago, cory206 said:

Sounds like maybe a resetting issue during the update. I suppose it's a bit like a tremor, it'll have foreshocks and aftershocks...

Could be, but it seems off to me. This was the only parlay that did it that  day  and  it didn't happen until the guy was right on top of us. Meaning he walked over to my friend and the parlay ending right before he shot him and then he walked over to me and did the same thing. Maybe a router swtich or nat type test to break the parlay.

I haven't a clue how the gubbins works, how they tweak the strings in this universe, but just the fact it happened today and that it involved the length of parley, which might be something they're adjusting, thought it might be related, but *shrugs...* my Numbskulls are saying there's a guy with a spanner behind a rock, they don't know either.

10 minutes ago, cory206 said:

I haven't a clue how the gubbins works, how they tweak the strings in this universe, but just the fact it happened today and that it involved the length of parley, which might be something they're adjusting, thought it might be related, but *shrugs...* my Numbskulls are saying there's a guy with a spanner behind a rock, they don't know either.

Well that's something you and R* have in common then..lol. It actually happened a day ago, prior to the update. Sadly, I  haven't played since the update.

• Like 1

Submit the incident to R* through their Support as a Bug / Technical issue.  You can get to it from their feedback site but here's a direct link:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.230675868.1434278383.1547147164-1719606522.1525287356

Someone will respond rather quickly in most cases although their answer may be that they will simply send it up the food chain.  They will let you know if it's a known issue or not though.

Just now, Kean_1 said:

Submit the incident to R* through their Support as a Bug / Technical issue.  You can get to it from their feedback site but here's a direct link:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.230675868.1434278383.1547147164-1719606522.1525287356

Someone will respond rather quickly in most cases although their answer may be that they will simply send it up the food chain.  They will let you know if it's a known issue or not though.

already did. Got the standard robo response lol

4 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar support. WE appreciate your cooperation in helping to keep blah blah blah... Followed by:

The most effective way to report cheaters  instructions. 

They did wish me best regards though, so there's that.

So they suspect the other team was cheating then?  You know you have the option to reply back, right?  They also send you an email to ask if the issue is settled or not. Let them know what you think if you're not satisfied with the answer.

Edited by Kean_1

11 minutes ago, madfretter said:

No,  I put that I thought they were cheating in my  submission. The response read very much like a template. I didn't even think to respond,. I was pretty annoyed with the blow off email. I will check later though.

It's scripted.  Not unusual for any sort of customer service.  A lot of times it's just easier for them to cut and paste the best answer to the problem than to type out a new and different response each time for essentially the same solution. 

I only mention replying if you're not satisfied so they know that this doesn't resolve it for you.  At least it's on record and who knows, maybe they'll investigate further.

Either way, seems the whole parley system is getting a bit of a overhaul in the near future so maybe that will fix whatever this was.  

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

It's scripted.  Not unusual for any sort of customer service.  A lot of times it's just easier for them to cut and paste the best answer to the problem than to type out a new and different response each time for essentially the same solution. 

I only mention replying if you're not satisfied so they know that this doesn't resolve it for you.  At least it's on record and who knows, maybe they'll investigate further.

Either way, seems the whole parley system is getting a bit of a overhaul in the near future so maybe that will fix whatever this was.  

Oh believe me, I know it. I had so many support tickets with Wildcard studios when I played ARK that they gave me a level 175 quetz as a thank you when the max animal level was 150. I bred that thing with the whole server. 

Just now, madfretter said:

Oh believe me, I know it. I had so many support tickets with Wildcard studios when I played ARK that they gave me a level 175 quetz as a thank you when the max animal level was 150. I bred that thing with the whole server. 

Have you played the Forest?  Best $19 I've spent on a game in a while.  Something about those survival / build games....

16 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Have you played the Forest?  Best $19 I've spent on a game in a while.  Something about those survival / build games....

Never even heard of it. PC or consoles?  I was straight-up addicted to ARK, just wish it was more in depth with the survival aspect of the game.

36 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Never even heard of it. PC or consoles?  I was straight-up addicted to ARK, just wish it was more in depth with the survival aspect of the game.

Console....  If I were still gaming on PC I would be playing SCUM and probably dabbling in DayZ (along with all of the milsim titles we will never get like Squad, ARMA, etc.).  ....also Insurgency which (luckily) is coming to console this year with their newest iteration Insurgency Sandstorm.

The Forest was a PC game that was launched on PS4 last November IIRC.  It's not on XB1 so if that's your platform it may be why you've never heard of it.  .....although there are a lot of folks on PS4 that never heard of it either.  Only by word of mouth.

You're in a plane crash where you find yourself on an island.  There are a lot of the same kind of ARK mechanics in this game.  You chop down trees to gather logs to build structures.  ....stones, sticks, leaves, sap, etc.  You have to find drinkable water that requires being boiled or you can catch rain water by using a turtle shell from one that you catch.  You craft weapons and improve them (spears, bows, clubs, slingshot, etc.).  You hunt animals for meat that you can cook or dry.  .....skins to craft, etc.

The kicker is that after the first day or so, you realize you're not alone.  The island is inhabited by cannibals.  Once you have your first encounter, you begin to realize the small shelter you built may not be enough so you get started on building a fort, walls with fire pits, torches, water collection, etc.   A place where you can collect and store resources and be a home base as you explore.

It doesn't end with the cannibals as you also will encounter mutants as the game progresses.  The sounds and atmosphere make the whole experience very creepy.  I've been playing for a while and still get startled when you hear distant yells, footsteps and rustling.  

Edited by Kean_1

18 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Console....  If I were still gaming on PC I would be playing SCUM and probably dabbling in DayZ (along with all of the milsim titles we will never get like Squad, ARMA, etc.).  ....also Insurgency which (luckily) is coming to console this year with their newest iteration Insurgency Sandstorm.

The Forest was a PC game that was launched on PS4 last November IIRC.  It's not on XB1 so if that's your platform it may be why you've never heard of it.  .....although there are a lot of folks on PS4 that never heard of it either.  Only by word of mouth.

You're in a plane crash where you find yourself on an island.  There are a lot of the same kind of ARK mechanics in this game.  You chop down trees to gather logs to build structures.  ....stones, sticks, leaves, sap, etc.  You have to find drinkable water that requires being boiled or you can catch rain water by using a turtle shell from one that you catch.  You craft weapons and improve them (spears, bows, clubs, slingshot, etc.).  You hunt animals for meat that you can cook or dry.  .....skins to craft, etc.

The kicker is that after the first day or so, you realize you're not alone.  The island is inhabited by cannibals.  Once you have your first encounter, you begin to realize the small shelter you built may not be enough so you get started on building a fort, walls with fire pits, torches, water collection, etc.   A place where you can collect and store resources and be a home base as you explore.

It doesn't end with the cannibals as you also will encounter mutants as the game progresses.  The sounds and atmosphere make the whole experience very creepy.  I've been playing for a while and still get startled when you hear distant yells, footsteps and rustling.  

Ya know what ,I think I did see a trailer for this. Isn't there something stuck in your side  when you wake up from the crash? I gotta you tube this and blow the dust off of my steam account.

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Ya know what ,I think I did see a trailer for this. Isn't there something stuck in your side  when you wake up from the crash? I gotta you tube this and blow the dust off of my steam account.

No. You wake up in a portion of the plane that broke off from the rest.   You collect what you can in the plane and then outside with the luggage.  

The trailer may have shown something different though.  .....you know how that goes sometimes. 

12 hours ago, DiamondDave said:

Seems a bit odd to me. I only messed with this a few times and never had that happen to me. Hopefully, if it is a cheating issue, they get it sorted and fixed asap. 

It on'y happened with this one player that I've seen,  but I really  don't parlay often so I'm not a good gauge.  No murmurs about this on any of the forums that I've seen. Hopefully it stays that way and gets patched after the parlay upgrades hit.

• Like 1