Someone kill me

Oneshotkill

Question

Am I the only one who sees this problem?. When you get invited to an event or gun rush. You get moved to that area the game will be in. So if your in tumbleweed and the game starts and you end up in van horn area to play the event. Now your screwed either your going to pay to get back to tumbleweed or walk/ride your ass all the way back. In gta online that's not a problem we have cars. But in red dead online ,hell to the no!, That's not even fair lol . Now I have to pay the money that was won in the event to get back to where I was lol. What's the point then. 

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Oneshotkill said:

Am I the only one who sees this problem?. When you get invited to an event or gun rush. You get moved to that area the game will be in. So if your in tumbleweed and the game starts and you end up in van horn area to play the event. Now your screwed either your going to pay to get back to tumbleweed or walk/ride your ass all the way back. In gta online that's not a problem we have cars. But in red dead online ,hell to the no!, That's not even fair lol . Now I have to pay the money that was won in the event to get back to where I was lol. What's the point then. 

Why not back out of the lobby and select free roam for the area that you were previously in?

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Kinda like the surprise I got when I found out some of the PvP events used some of my own ammo / resources.  Since I suck at PvP, it really wasn't worth the cost to participate.   lol

I hate that you can't purchase special ammo like Express or high velocity bullets in the show down series or story mission screens. You can only buy regular ammo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I hate that you can't purchase special ammo like Express or high velocity bullets in the show down series or story mission screens. You can only buy regular ammo.

How do you buy ammo while in the showdown series btw?

31 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

How do you buy ammo while in the showdown series btw?

In the screen before the match starts, while the teams are still forming, one of the options on the left hand side of the screen is "purchase". Select that and then select "all ammo". That will replenish all your regular ammo for your pistols, revolvers, rifles(including varmint), repeaters and shotguns. I believe it will even replenish your throwables including dynamite, firebottles, tomahawks and throwing knives. It will not however replenish express or high velocity ammo or any crafted ammo. You have to be quick though. You don't have much time before the countdown time ends and the match begins to load.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Kinda like the surprise I got when I found out some of the PvP events used some of my own ammo / resources.  Since I suck at PvP, it really wasn't worth the cost to participate.   lol

Same! I have a hard time going up against people who have years of experience in PVP games. When all was said and done, I just end up with less supplies and money. 

3 minutes ago, LinXX said:

Same! I have a hard time going up against people who have years of experience in PVP games. When all was said and done, I just end up with less supplies and money. 

I don't know if I mentioned it here but there was this dude who was lvl 140+ that was simply dominating every event.  He was MVP in nearly every one of the matches and took headshots after rolling/dancing around with ease.  ....part of the other reason I don't like the PvP in RDO is that I'm not particularly impressed with the gunplay in R* games (e.g. strong auto aim, dives/rolls, high ttk, etc.).  In PvE it's fine because it's more about the overall experience IMO.