Rock Star announce that the BETA phase will last months.

dredd1961

Question

Now that RDO will remain in BETA phase for several months now. Is it wise to be spending real cash on gold bars, now and in the immediate future. After all If Rock Star, are going to add new content etc. Then it is fair to surmise, that some of the in game content could be rendered useless or pointless in the future. Like certain breeds of horses. Or our overpriced redundant camps. Or gunbelts and off holsters. Seems like a gamble to me. I confess I spent 30 dollars New Zealand to get 42 gold for that black Arabian. Not sure now. Bloody thing bucks and runs everytime it senses a snake, wolf pack or cougar. 
What do other players think about this announcement . 

Edited by dredd1961

4 answers to this question

the Arabian horse has a very nervous character. I prefer war races like Turkmen or my favorite missouri foxtrotter. for now I do not spend money on the beta version and if the prices remain, I will not spend them even for the final version ...😉

Where did they announce that it will last for several more months? I didn't see anything on it. I feel a bit odd spending money on a beta game but I guess that helps with developing seeing as we are funding the process. 

1 hour ago, D3x said:

Where did they announce that it will last for several more months? I didn't see anything on it. I feel a bit odd spending money on a beta game but I guess that helps with developing seeing as we are funding the process. 

This is the announcement folks are talking about from last week:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60804/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update

"Red Dead Online will stay in beta for a few more months yet as we have many more new gameplay features to add across the board as well as further changes to improve, stabilize and refine the overall experience."

The thing is, this was actually stated before the RDO beta was even launched so (to me at least) their mention of it in the last update wasn't anything unexpected.  R* has been very upfront with all of this even before the game's release.

1060fffe34441ba7c4ded5b1c2c61f30292fa86b

The launch of the Red Dead Online Beta is the first step in what will be a continually expanding and dynamic world, and the beta period will allow us to deal with the inevitable turbulence of launching any online experience of this size and scale.

During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.