Pamphlets that aren’t working

DocHoliday

Question

I hate my first post is this because it’s not what I like to post on but I have several Pamphlets but Special snake Oil is locked despite owning. I used Gold so real money. If RDO has known yet not sent out social club notifications that this doesn’t work then why the hell they leave it there still to take money from players for no product for purchase? I sent ticket and told them I’m sending formal complaint to the BBB for this terrible buisness practice. It’s one thing to give time frame of resolution or refund but for real currency imagine if you bought a TV from Walmart Online and they didn’t send you TV and said we are aware but don’t have means to refund you or when it will come? That’s literal theft. They’d be sued. Now the fact it’s $10 vs $200 makes no legal difference or ethical business practices difference. I’ve played Rockstar games since Rockstar made first game but this is over the line. This support probably in India somewhere with a book of responses is pathetic as well and Rockstar needs to be held accountable because we’ve put up with a lot as it is but no business has right to operate this way. Has anyone got better than “We can’t help or don’t know” from support on this issue? 

4 answers to this question

I have no experience with them honestly but you contacted Rockstar about the issue so you did the right thing. The BBB can easily be paid off so using that as a threat, they likely won't give a rat's ass. Hopefully, they fix the issue you are having. I know how frustrating it can be to buy something and it not work but I have heard of others saying similar things about the pamphlets so give them time and if nothing comes of it, contact customer support and ask for a refund.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

I hate my first post is this because it’s not what I like to post on but I have several Pamphlets but Special snake Oil is locked despite owning. I used Gold so real money. If RDO has known yet not sent out social club notifications that this doesn’t work then why the hell they leave it there still to take money from players for no product for purchase? I sent ticket and told them I’m sending formal complaint to the BBB for this terrible buisness practice. It’s one thing to give time frame of resolution or refund but for real currency imagine if you bought a TV from Walmart Online and they didn’t send you TV and said we are aware but don’t have means to refund you or when it will come? That’s literal theft. They’d be sued. Now the fact it’s $10 vs $200 makes no legal difference or ethical business practices difference. I’ve played Rockstar games since Rockstar made first game but this is over the line. This support probably in India somewhere with a book of responses is pathetic as well and Rockstar needs to be held accountable because we’ve put up with a lot as it is but no business has right to operate this way. Has anyone got better than “We can’t help or don’t know” from support on this issue? 

Can I just ask what level you are? It might sound silly but you can purchase anything in the game with gold but everything still has a level requirement.

Special Snake Oil can be bought for gold at the very beginning but you will not be able to use it until you reach level 20.

I appreciate it can be misleading however look at it this way, it's gold you won't have to spend at level 20 so you can use it for something else.

I learnt the same way but if was far more of an expensive lesson. Good luck 👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

Can I just ask what level you are? It might sound silly but you can purchase anything in the game with gold but everything still has a level requirement.

Special Snake Oil can be bought for gold at the very beginning but you will not be able to use it until you reach level 20.

I appreciate it can be misleading however look at it this way, it's gold you won't have to spend at level 20 so you can use it for something else.

I learnt the same way but if was far more of an expensive lesson. Good luck 👍

This is a valid point. I know I bought a number of things that didn't work until I was a higher level. They really should have addressed this instead of assuming everyone would figure things like this out for themselves.