WTF is up with Showdown Series?

lWoodyl

Why is it that for the last 4 days I must go thru multiple rounds of Bow and Arrow or Knife games before I get to a single round of Showdown with weapons.

I ALWAYS downvote those because it's too boring waiting around for new players to figure out HOW to play those maps... yet after grinding out 90 levels I can honestly say I am forced with 3 to 1 odds every time I try to load up Showdown.

Rockstar and Take 2 had better start caring more about the basics or I don't care how long I played GTA... I will drop RDR2 for something like Minecraft where at least they won't lie to you. 

Edited by lWoodyl
  • Haha 1

No... ya know what Rockstar...

You rode this Shark too long. 

Until I see reviews from players saying you have fixed the problems that were in GTAO, that you've continued into RDR2O... 

**** off. 

Get better or go away.

You milked from 2013 til now on an out of date, micro-transactional  product, which barely competes with your peers.

I WAS going to buy the $100 version however... at this point im convinced Rockstar/Take2 care only about asses in seats (aka dollars spent) than the quality of their product.

Get better or be ready to accept your position as the AOL online of console gaming.

Your product is crap.  

4 hours ago, lWoodyl said:

Why is it that for the last 4 days I must go thru multiple rounds of Bow and Arrow or Knife games before I get to a single round of Showdown with weapons.

Lol..      Its almost as if R* designed it that way.

I feel your pain dude.    I cannot stand make it count.    I've spent an hour one night joining show down, landing in a Make it Count lobby, quitting, joinging a new game and landing in the SAME damn lobby.

I want nothing to do with Battle Royal Modes.. especially in a game with hard locking auto aim.

And then theres  MOST WANTED.  The ultimate joke PVP mode.  Where someone can kill 20 players..  And one person can come in an kill that players once and be tied in scores..  

Want to play TEAM pvp modes?   R* be like F THAT!    32 players FFA death match.  If you want team based PVP you have to wait and hope it comes up later.

Most players would have been happy with just Shoot Outs.. And Team Shoot Outs.

3 hours ago, lWoodyl said:

I WAS going to buy the $100 version however... at this point im convinced Rockstar/Take2 care only about asses in seats (aka dollars spent) than the quality of their product.

Get better or be ready to accept your position as the AOL online of console gaming.

Your product is crap.  

Single player is worth $100.

Don't care how good or bad RD O turns out.

I got my $100 worth out of Single player.  And I can wait to play through it again.

@lWoodyl

fyi....   RDR2.org is a fan site, not an official forum of R*.  While venting here is fine, it's not going to change anything.  If you want R* to hear your grievances, I'd suggest submitting them through their beta feedback site here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Welcome to the forums btw.....

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I want nothing to do with Battle Royal Modes.. especially in a game with hard locking auto aim.

Gun rush is so unbalanced.  You take the time to line up a headshot, but they laugh at you and one shot you with a pistol from across a field because they have a higher level and more cards equipped.

I still enjoy it a bit, though.  

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Single player is worth $100.

The only reason I play online is because I was able to customize the character.  I'm intentionally playing the slow burn with the Story Mode (I'm only partially into Chapter IV right now) because I want it to last.

Although I will say, I was pleasantly surprised in the online 

Spoiler

when Sean was one of the stranger missions.  Quite enjoyed that little surprise.

I hope the people who hold these heartfelt views about the game realise that when it sells 20 million in 2 months there are going to be a lot more than hardcore PvP players around who are quite glad of these defects, they make things possible that aren't possible in RL, (that's the whole point) and prevent this becoming the niche game some might prefer. Sorry, this is pop, this is mainstream, like it or not. And that's where R* customers are.