Expansion pack ideas — War of the Worlds

Mr. Duk

If Rockstar makes another Undead Nightmare type of single player expansion pack, what would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see a War of the Worlds type of alien invasion scenario. The turn of the century timeframe is ideal for that kind of story (paranoia, etc.), and the landscapes already in the game are perfect for an alien invasion. Just imagine giant tripods scouring the countryside and alien scouts in the swamps and a large scale alien attack in Saint Denis. It would also be a clever way to bring in some more advanced types of weapons and equipment (i.e. the player can find and use alien technology).

And best of all — aliens have already been introduced in the game! I’d love to see an open world alien invasion game done right. I think RDR2 would be a great place to do it.

Aliens not for me. undead ovee run yes but aliens no. i think the technology would end up ruining the wild west and rstar wouldnt resist the 12 yr olds wanting hover horses etc.  a lonely are the brave type dlc would be interesting.

Edited by danjou
  • Like 1

I agree, you wouldn’t want to change the old west dynamic toooo much, which is why I think War of the Worlds is specifically the right approach. It was written 1895-97 I believe, and RDR2 is 1899, so it’s the same era. No hover horses! Maybe an alien steed of some sort which would be very similar to the horses in how it reacts to the world.

The apocalypse with the Four Horsemen could be neat, too. I always loved Hexen II from way back in the day (where the Four Horsemen are bosses).

On 2/2/2019 at 12:37 AM, Mr. Duk said:

If Rockstar makes another Undead Nightmare type of single player expansion pack, what would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see a War of the Worlds type of alien invasion scenario. The turn of the century timeframe is ideal for that kind of story (paranoia, etc.), and the landscapes already in the game are perfect for an alien invasion. Just imagine giant tripods scouring the countryside and alien scouts in the swamps and a large scale alien attack in Saint Denis. It would also be a clever way to bring in some more advanced types of weapons and equipment (i.e. the player can find and use alien technology).

And best of all — aliens have already been introduced in the game! I’d love to see an open world alien invasion game done right. I think RDR2 would be a great place to do it.

I loved undead nightmare, but honestly.  We been there done that.  Please move one nothing to see here.  Now some mentioned Unholy Nightmare, vampires, werewolves, frankenstein type monsters.  Why others have mentioned more like Aliens or even time travelers, referenced to "Back to the Future" type scenarios.  Now all of that sounds fun till you start to mention the weapons, vehicles, and other issues that it would bring to the RDO.  

I don't want GTAO, RDO style.  I would like it original and something that transfer over to the game we have now.  

I could appreciate, something that expands on the characters already in the game.  One I just heard recently that I didn't think about was playing as Pinkertons or Ross when he joins the FBI, where you go and hunt the outlaws.  Seeing how there are other gangs that you don't really see there downfall.