White Arabian

gamerfan1010

I first got that horse about midway through chapter 2.  you can get it anytime in the game except chapter 5, (maybe at the end of chapter 5 you can get it, i already had her so didn't try, and just wanted to get into chapter 6)  and then again in the epilogue.

I've always found her (both times i tamed that horse it was female) up near that fallen down shack to the northwest of the lake, she can be anywhere up in that area and roams around a bit.  I've seen her run away from elk and deer, it's pretty skittish horse until you tame it.  at level 4 bonding i've sat on it while shooting 4 attacking wolves and never got thrown off.  But then again i've been thrown from her while riding by a snake lol.

Edited by Kormath

8 minutes ago, gamerfan1010 said:

@Kormaththanks—I’ll look up by the shack 😀 when you found it, did you lasso it? Were u on foot or on your horse when you found it? 

First time i followed the game tips, i did the calm it and walk to it method, took about 20 minutes to get close enough to ride it.  2nd time i rode up to it lasso'd it and jumped on. took like 2 minutes including breaking it after spotting it.

Edited by Kormath

I've a;ways found her north west side of the lake.  The very first time I found her and tried to break her a pack of wolves attacked and she threw me off. If she's not there my advice is go and do something else and put a couple of game days between your last attempt to find her and a new attempt. As others have said she's a bit harder to break than your average wild horse, but well worth it.

I have a question in regards to this horse: is it as easily spooked and agitated as the black one that can be bought in Saint Denis? I bought the black one on an impulse and it ended up being one of the worst mistakes I made in this game because despite its stats, the thing loses it at the drop of a pin. And don't try riding it anywhere near the swamp, as I've had it randomly buck me for seemingly no reason at all in that area.

4 hours ago, Parzival said:

I have a question in regards to this horse: is it as easily spooked and agitated as the black one that can be bought in Saint Denis? I bought the black one on an impulse and it ended up being one of the worst mistakes I made in this game because despite its stats, the thing loses it at the drop of a pin. And don't try riding it anywhere near the swamp, as I've had it randomly buck me for seemingly no reason at all in that area.

you must not have it up to level 4 bonding.  i used both black and white, black after it was unlocked in chapter 4 and white from chapter 2 till then.  After fully bonded i could have 3 or 4 wolves attack and sit on the horse and shoot them dead.  snakes and gators it would rear up on or side step at times but it wouldn't throw me off unless i tried to run into a gator.  you can do that but you have to be in a full sprint to not get thrown, i've trampled a few gators that way on both arabians and the fox trotter.

6 hours ago, Kormath said:

you must not have it up to level 4 bonding.  i used both black and white, black after it was unlocked in chapter 4 and white from chapter 2 till then.  After fully bonded i could have 3 or 4 wolves attack and sit on the horse and shoot them dead.  snakes and gators it would rear up on or side step at times but it wouldn't throw me off unless i tried to run into a gator.  you can do that but you have to be in a full sprint to not get thrown, i've trampled a few gators that way on both arabians and the fox trotter.

I maxed out the bonding level as well, but it was still overly skittish for me. Buell and Rachel, in comparison, are practically rocks in comparison.