New here

Parzival

I joined to get tips on gameplay mechanics and to just discuss RDR2 in general. I'll try my best to behave, but sometimes I can't help being an opinionated di*k at times, so fair warning and rest assured it's not personal unless I outright tell you it is. And I don't give a crap about Red Dead Online, so I'm not interested in joining any clans, gangs, posses, or whatever else the game calls them.

So, yeah.

Edited by Parzival

4 hours ago, Parzival said:

I joined to get tips on gameplay mechanics and to just discuss RDR2 in general. I'll try my best to behave, but sometimes I can't help being an opinionated di*k at times, so fair warning and rest assured it's not personal unless I outright tell you it is. And I don't give a crap about Red Dead Online, so I'm not interested in joining any clans, gangs, posses, or whatever else the game calls them.

So, yeah.

Hi Parzival and welcome.

Opinions are fine and input is encouraged.  I'll just say however that disrespectful or inflammatory posts are not so please keep that in mind.  .......fair warning.  ;)

This is a good, welcoming community overall and for the most part people here are able to engage in constructive, opinionated discussions without insults or drama.  I think that is why many of us have come here as an alternative to other "not so friendly" social sites.

Regards,  Kean

4 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Except for me.  I'm a terrible person.

I hear horses are terrible people, too.

6 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Hi Parzival and welcome.

Opinions are fine and input is encouraged.  I'll just say however that disrespectful or inflammatory posts are not so please keep that in mind.  .......fair warning.  ;)

This is a good, welcoming community overall and for the most part people here are able to engage in constructive, opinionated discussions without insults or drama.  I think that is why many of us have come here as an alternative to other "not so friendly" social sites.

Regards,  Kean

I'm inclined to think you're referring to official sites managed by developers or publishers when you mention not so friendly ones? Fan-run forums are generally a completely different animal from official ones. The latter are typically rampant with toxicity and one is sometimes forced to give back in kind or be battered away in a barrage of flames. You should have seen the official Capcom site around the time when Resident Evil 4 brought in quite a few people from more action-oriented game series that didn't mix too well with the old guard or the Ubisoft forums when Assassin's Creed changed its formula. You were either a "true fan" who hated the new or a shill employed by the company to feign a positive reaction to it. With fan-run sites, it's generally accepted that the developers aren't watching, so the toxic people tend to pass them over most of the time.

I lurked here for several days before registering and everyone does seem pretty mellow. Even the topic here about border security is nice and civil. And anyone who knows anything about American politics in 2019 knows how much of a sh*t show it is. So you won't have any problems from me.

Edited by Parzival