Missing orchids listed in the official guidebook

James7

Question

HI, Folks, I am playing through a second time. I am staying just before the Thomas Downes encounter, so still in Chapter 2. And I am trying to do all sorts of challenges as Arthur.

One of the things I am doing is collecting orchids. I have the official guidebook and initially had no trouble collecting orchids. They were where the maps said. But at some point they seem to have disappeared. I mean, for places I have NOT yet visited that should contain orchids, there are no orchids there.

I wondered if this was a printing error. But maybe it's a limit on what I can do given my still being in Chapter 2. I mean, I can still find other, regular plants and thing like crocodile eggs. It's the orchids that have dried up, even where they should be. It's got to the point where I can't believe it's a series of printing errors as there are just too many missing orchids.

Any ideas? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, James7 said:

HI, Folks, I am playing through a second time. I am staying just before the Thomas Downes encounter, so still in Chapter 2. And I am trying to do all sorts of challenges as Arthur.

One of the things I am doing is collecting orchids. I have the official guidebook and initially had no trouble collecting orchids. They were where the maps said. But at some point they seem to have disappeared. I mean, for places I have NOT yet visited that should contain orchids, there are no orchids there.

I wondered if this was a printing error. But maybe it's a limit on what I can do given my still being in Chapter 2. I mean, I can still find other, regular plants and thing like crocodile eggs. It's the orchids that have dried up, even where they should be. It's got to the point where I can't believe it's a series of printing errors as there are just too many missing orchids.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This is what i used for the orchids in the exotics side quests.  http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-all-exotics-locations/    I know i had found some of those orchids before while roaming the country side,  I only had to collect 3 or 7 or whatever instead of the required 5 or 10.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 6:20 PM, Kormath said:

This is what i used for the orchids in the exotics side quests.  http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-all-exotics-locations/    I know i had found some of those orchids before while roaming the country side,  I only had to collect 3 or 7 or whatever instead of the required 5 or 10.

Did the same thing. It is easier and saves time. Flower gathering was easier than I thought it would be but still a pain in the backside when I was just trying to collect everything.

I found some orchids, for example the ones at the Appleseed timber co were not there until the epilogue, the others were there over by Owijilla, but then others behind Ocreaghs were not during chapter 3/4 either.

SO I think some are there during the earlier missions and some are not.