Session Starting Outfit

nshanny73

Can someone please explain to me how I can set my outfit that I load into a session with?

I'm currently experiencing an issue whereby my "stored on horse" outfits disappear whenever I launch a new session.  My default includes a warm weather jacket and gloves, which effect my health core drain when in warm weather locations, as 95% of the map is.

Just getting sick of having to go to camp everytime I load up to change outfits.

2 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

Can someone please explain to me how I can set my outfit that I load into a session with?

I'm currently experiencing an issue whereby my "stored on horse" outfits disappear whenever I launch a new session.  My default includes a warm weather jacket and gloves, which effect my health core drain when in warm weather locations, as 95% of the map is.

Just getting sick of having to go to camp everytime I load up to change outfits.

It's a bug that has persisted since the start of the beta for some including myself but seemingly made worse after the update.  You should report it like I did.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.175482978.1704273439.1551943099-1719606522.1525287356

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nshanny73 said:

already reported

confused however as to why you're burying my "Valid Points" post in someone elses post??

It's not being buried.  If it was elsewhere then another mod likely moved it into that thread to tidy up the forum.  

was posted here in the online discussion forum... you say moved, I say buried... difference of opinion

makes me wonder how many other topics a mod didn't agree with were "moved", "buried" or simply deleted

14 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

was posted here in the online discussion forum... you say moved, I say buried... difference of opinion

makes me wonder how many other topics a mod didn't agree with were "moved", "buried" or simply deleted

Seriously nshanny? You really think that of me or one of the other mods here?

I told you why one of the other mods moved it. If you're going to accuse us of purposely deleting content, etc. simply because of a difference if opinion, I think we're done here. 

.....unbelievable.

Back to the original point for a moment:

Shops that sell clothes now have a wardrobe/changing room that function the same as the one at camp for managing outfits.  You go to the clothes hangar on the map.

Doesn't actually solve the problem, but at least it saves you from a game of "Chase the Cripps" across the map.

I actually think that this addition is one of the unsung heroes of the recent update. 

honestly Kean_1, I value your opinions and think very highly of you... I simply think you misunderstood my reason for stating difference of opinion, which I used in regards to "moved" and "buried"

also, you speculated on why my post was "moved" and did not provide a clear cut answer

my apologies for having offended you 

6 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

Back to the original point for a moment:

Shops that sell clothes now have a wardrobe/changing room that function the same as the one at camp for managing outfits.  You go to the clothes hangar on the map.

Doesn't actually solve the problem, but at least it saves you from a game of "Chase the Cripps" across the map.

I actually think that this addition is one of the unsung heroes of the recent update. 

Yeah, this is a good point. I discovered this last night.

Another thing that was a pleasant surprise is that you're also able to open your catalogue while on horseback.

6 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

honestly Kean_1, I value your opinions and think very highly of you... I simply think you misunderstood my reason for stating difference of opinion, which I used in regards to "moved" and "buried"

also, you speculated on why my post was "moved" and did not provide a clear cut answer

my apologies for having offended you 

What I found discouraging was that you would even think this :

"makes me wonder how many other topics a mod didn't agree with were "moved", "buried" or simply deleted"

Of course I would give the benefit of the doubt as to why it was moved there. .....because I wouldn't for a minute think one of the mods would do it out of spite. 

How about this....  We don't "move, bury or delete" things simply because we don't agree with them. I think that's pretty clear cut.

the only reason it crossed my mind (and of course I cannot find the post now to reference it) is that another member mentioned that he was reposting, as his original post from the weekend had mysteriously disappeared... the reply was from yourself and you seemed miffed as well

regardless, I accept your answer and let's move on

still awaiting reply from rockstar and will post once received... if ticket#'s are an indicator, rockstar has received 65,000 tickets in the past 2 weeks... wonder how big their support staff is?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

the only reason it crossed my mind (and of course I cannot find the post now to reference it) is that another member mentioned that he was reposting, as his original post from the weekend had mysteriously disappeared... the reply was from yourself and you seemed miffed as well

regardless, I accept your answer and let's move on

I'm over it, that's fine.  ....and I apologize for snapping back at you.  At least now you know one of my pet peeves.  ;)

Seriously though, it's a small staff of what I consider some stand up folks who I don't believe would cross that line based on personal feelings.  We all still post as part of the community and even disagree but we're not going to start using mod privileges for personal grudges, preferences, etc.  

18 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

still awaiting reply from rockstar and will post once received... if ticket#'s are an indicator, rockstar has received 65,000 tickets in the past 2 weeks... wonder how big their support staff is?

They state a <24 hour response time.  

IME, there is a front line of "experts" who are essentially first-line "call center" material I would say.  There is a way however to get your trouble ticket escalated to a R* next-tier rep which is what I have done on one occasion when I was unhappy with a response I received.  I got a much better answer from them. 

No idea how many reps they have but I'll wager that first line of responders takes care of at least 90% of that.

• Thanks 1

at one point, while I had submitted a ticket regarding the lack of wildlife, npc and horse spawn issues, they did not get back to me for 72+ hours

admittedly, I was egging them on (ie: let's go, one ticket at a time... i understand, must be thousands of people voicing the same concerns... big update coming, don't want to screw it up... smells like fallout 76 in here etc)

expecting the standard form letter reply... any tips on receiving the next level service?

I would post one of my rants from that ticket, as it was quite humorous, but it seems I can't access the history from the dashboard

Rockstar reply in full... will post a 2nd time with my reply to them

Ken H. (Rockstar Support)            

Mar 7, 19:21 EST                          
                    Hello SKOOM4LIFE,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are aware of an issue involving outfits stored on your
horse disappearing as well as custom outfits stored in your
wardrobe disappearing whenever a new session is made. We
kindly request your patience while we are investigating for
a fix to this issue.

If you would like, please send us a video of of any of your
custom outfits disappearing as it will help us with the
investigation.  If the video is too long to upload to this
ticket, you could add an unlisted video to YouTube and
provide us with a direct link. Once we have the video, we
will be able to investigate this matter further.

If you have any other issues or concerns, please feel free
to let us know. 

Best regards,

Ken H.
Rockstar Support

my reply

I think you misunderstood what I meant by disappearing, maybe I should have used a better word.  

1) I load up RDR2 online 
2) Once loaded, I spawn in a "custom outfit" that includes a warm weather jacket and gloves, which do me no good, since I never travel to Ambarino.
3) I then to proceed to my wardrobe at camp to change outfits.
4) I change outfits to the blackrose bounty hunter and add a green bandana.
5) I then save said outfit, which confirms as "Saved Outfit One"
6) I then return to the outfits menu to confirm the outfit has saved correctly and is stored on my horse... yes and yes.  I now have the bounty hunter outfit and saved outfit on stored on my horse.
7) I play and eventually either end my session by exiting the game through the story mode exit game option or I relaunch another free roam session.
😎 regardless, i end up back at point #2

The outfits do not disappear per se, they are no longer stored to my horse, which means I have to go through this process EVERY SINGLE TIME which is extremely annoying.

Please advise if you need further explanation
  • Thanks 1

you're welcome

they've since gotten back with another super apologetic form letter... i replied to just fix it and refer to the pre patch code

I also requested they refund the gold purchase price,  to those players who had already purchased the special spinner, instead of gifting something they already own for completing 5 daily challenges this week.  doubtful but gotta try

• 2 weeks later...

issue still unresolved but I found a workaround.  The custom outfit you spawn in with is linked to the last clothing  purchases you have made.

still have to travel to camp or tailor to save outfits to my horse.