I found a Bee Hive!!

lumper

In three play throughs Im past Epilogue 2 for the third time, and while out hunting for a skunk one night, I found a bee hive!!

If I walk over to it the bee's all swarm on me, lol  but I dont see any health or stamina drop and John dosnt react to the bee's.

https://youtu.be/6jNRQr0R3-U

Or a lower quality video

https://youtu.be/aio-nSgffao

I can tell you it is at Ringneck Creek, west side of the creek.

If you look at the map, directly southwest of the "n" in "neck"on your map you will see the lines for elevation the large oval kind of space with an eye in it is the exact location on my map, if that makes any sense, just look carefully about 100 feet from the water in that area.

I thought it was an amazing detail that until now, I hadnt seen anywhere else in game.

Edited by lumper

WoW thats cool, yes the one I found looks just like this.

They are so rare I couldn't see shooting it.

I figured I only found one in all this time, Ill just leave it be.

Very cool to see another, anything you can find in this game organically and something that most others have not seen is still exciting.

As far as I know they have no value to us in game, you can not harvest them or sell them after or anything like that, if you shoot them they will break apart.

I didnt mess with this one, if you walk up to it, the bee's will swarm you but you dont seem to lose health or stamina.

I have only seen one myself in three play through's I id see a video of another one over by The Elysiam pool.

Although they have no value and serve no purpose, they are seemingly pretty rare to encounter.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, lumper said:

As far as I know they have no value to us in game, you can not harvest them or sell them after or anything like that, if you shoot them they will break apart.

I didnt mess with this one, if you walk up to it, the bee's will swarm you but you dont seem to lose health or stamina.

I have only seen one myself in three play through's I id see a video of another one over by The Elysiam pool.

Although they have no value and serve no purpose, they are seemingly pretty rare to encounter.

I coulda sworn there was one in Hanging Dog Ranch you could use to distract the O'Drisculls,  maybe my mind is playing tricks on me though?

5 minutes ago, lumper said:

Oh thats interesting, although Ive cleared that ranch several times with varying levels of success ive never noticed a bee hive.

probably my memory then ;)  I used to clear that ranch every time i went hunting up north for loot and cash.  got be to almost too easy, take out the watchman on the tower, sneak down to the brush near the gate south of the tower, shoot the walker there, then the guy in the stables, etc. etc.  could clear it and dump all the bodies on the camp fire to clean up the area in under 10 minutes.

Yeah me too, I would park my horse behind the ranch or to the east a little, then walk up with dyno arrows and exploding shotgun rounds, and start off with arrows, then go to shotgun then end it at close range with pistols, call my horse, skin an ox, steal a horse, skin a cow and head to the trapper, on the way hope for a few more things, and then right after a cougar and grizzly north of the lake,  then heading to Strawberry grab a couple beavers,
I loved that whole sequence, I hunted that area so much I got my satchel upgraded in chapter 2 almost exclusively in that area, I only left for a panther.

Once more recently I decided to hang around and I hunted the meadows while watching the law come in and clean it all up, they grabbed one body at a time, loaded them on their horse and rode off with them, I assume to Strawberry, not sure I didnt follow them, but three guys came and picked up dead guys, lol I thought that was really cool, they never saw anything and I left no survivors so they had no idea it was me they were looking for.

Edited by lumper