Story Missions - Not Loading

Madrigalian

So, what's the story with story missions not loading?

I like to jump into Story Missions throughout my game play.  Do some hunting, do a stranger mission, jump into a story mission, go back out to free roam, etc... it's just another way to break up the time and enjoy a quick cooperative mission between other solo pursuits. It's also not a bad way (cheap and easy) to jump around the free roam map a little bit. 

Ever since the last update however, I keep getting put into these story missions where the countdown clock never starts counting down and you can't "ready" your character until it does.  Sometimes, it will kick in within a minute or so.  But more often than not, you can sit there for 5-10 minutes and the clock never starts, or starts only after someone leaves, counts all the way down and then kicks everyone back to free roam without running the mission.  

Anyone else running into this, or know the cause? 

Yeah I'm on PS 4 pro and same thing happens to me all the time.

I've contacted support and they tell me to clean the cache.  Reboot the unit and hold R1 and L1 as game boots up.  (One of the mods posted the details on another thread I believe)

Honestly don't think that does anything, I think it's them.

I like to say game has more bugs than a motel you rent by the hour

Edit:  This is their response to me,,,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

In your email, you've mentioned that you're facing issues with RDR2 Online. In an attempt to resolve these issues, I would like to try resetting the local user profile settings for the game. You do not have to worry about losing any progress, as this simply clears some temporary files associated with the game. I have the steps to clear the cache below.

Please Note: Performing these troubleshooting steps will not hinder your ability to play or delete any save data/progress you have currently made.

1.    Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller

2.    Select Turn Off PS4

3.    Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds

4.    Restart the PlayStation 4

5.    Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game

Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language.

Best regards,

Edited by Dissention
  • Thanks 1